Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While daydreaming about my new beast, all i can go on are pictures. i have no idea how fast its gonna feel. what do you guys think is comparable as far as SOTP feeling? the C5?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Having driven one, I can tell you that you do not notice the weight at all.

I've driven LX cars (Charger/Magnum/300), and they're pretty good at hiding their weight.
But Camaro feels much lighter.

I would compare the drive feel to about that of a C6.
Not quite as light feeling, but almost.
The tightness, acceleration, and handling are all right there though.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Having driven one, I can tell you that you do not notice the weight at all.

I've driven LX cars (Charger/Magnum/300), and they're pretty good at hiding their weight.
But Camaro feels much lighter.

I would compare the drive feel to about that of a C6.
Not quite as light feeling, but almost.
The tightness, acceleration, and handling are all right there though.
To a C6 really? Wow thats pretty impressive

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
wont feel like a corvette prolly will feel comparable to a hot rod magnum....like johns....drool...so john wanna sell her?
If I ever did decide to sell her, Dave you would have first crack.;)

And BTW, Tim's right about the LX cars 'hiding' their weight. The long wheelbase and wide track area they have help the handling quite a bit.

I've never driven a C6, but I love the idea of having a car that handles comparably.:roxor:

·
Registered
231 Posts
If I ever did decide to sell her, Dave you would have first crack.;)

And BTW, Tim's right about the LX cars 'hiding' their weight. The long wheelbase and wide track area they have help the handling quite a bit.

I've never driven a C6, but I love the idea of having a car that handles comparably.:roxor:
My Magnum is an 08 SRT8 and I spent the day cleaning it up for winter storage. I sure hate to go so long without driving it. Don't sell her if you don't absolutely have to. There will never be anything like them again.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
My Magnum is an 08 SRT8 and I spent the day cleaning it up for winter storage. I sure hate to go so long without driving it. Don't sell her if you don't absolutely have to. There will never be anything like them again.
Not likely I will sell her. I've never had a car that performed as well and look as unique. ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts