Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While daydreaming about my new beast, all i can go on are pictures. i have no idea how fast its gonna feel. what do you guys think is comparable as far as SOTP feeling? the C5?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
wont feel like a corvette prolly will feel comparable to a hot rod magnum....like johns....drool...so john wanna sell her?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Having driven one, I can tell you that you do not notice the weight at all.

I've driven LX cars (Charger/Magnum/300), and they're pretty good at hiding their weight.
But Camaro feels much lighter.

I would compare the drive feel to about that of a C6.
Not quite as light feeling, but almost.
The tightness, acceleration, and handling are all right there though.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Having driven one, I can tell you that you do not notice the weight at all.

I've driven LX cars (Charger/Magnum/300), and they're pretty good at hiding their weight.
But Camaro feels much lighter.

I would compare the drive feel to about that of a C6.
Not quite as light feeling, but almost.
The tightness, acceleration, and handling are all right there though.
To a C6 really? Wow thats pretty impressive

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
wont feel like a corvette prolly will feel comparable to a hot rod magnum....like johns....drool...so john wanna sell her?
If I ever did decide to sell her, Dave you would have first crack.;)

And BTW, Tim's right about the LX cars 'hiding' their weight. The long wheelbase and wide track area they have help the handling quite a bit.

I've never driven a C6, but I love the idea of having a car that handles comparably.:roxor:

·
Registered
231 Posts
If I ever did decide to sell her, Dave you would have first crack.;)

And BTW, Tim's right about the LX cars 'hiding' their weight. The long wheelbase and wide track area they have help the handling quite a bit.

I've never driven a C6, but I love the idea of having a car that handles comparably.:roxor:
My Magnum is an 08 SRT8 and I spent the day cleaning it up for winter storage. I sure hate to go so long without driving it. Don't sell her if you don't absolutely have to. There will never be anything like them again.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
My Magnum is an 08 SRT8 and I spent the day cleaning it up for winter storage. I sure hate to go so long without driving it. Don't sell her if you don't absolutely have to. There will never be anything like them again.
Unless we get this sexy wagon in the G8 Version:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Not likely I will sell her. I've never had a car that performed as well and look as unique. ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts