Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOKYO — The new Chevrolet Camaro has not even gone on sale yet, and already it has sold out 4 — in Japan.

General Motors' local arm, General Motors Asia Pacific (Japan), says it has received more than 120 orders for the new-shape Camaro, which is its quota for the year. GMAP spokesman Michihiro Yamamori confirmed the orders.

Many of the orders are reportedly from men in their 30s and 40s who haven't been put off by GM's June 1 bankruptcy filing.

Along with the Chevrolet Corvette and the Ford Mustang, the Camaro has long had a strong cult following on Japan's roads. Owners love the power, speed and style of American muscle cars and the strong visual statement they make.

Final prices are not expected until October, but Japanese media are reporting that the Camaro will come to Japan in both six-cylinder and V8 forms with pricing likely to be the equivalent of $45,325 to $56,390.

Inside Line says: On both sides of the Pacific, the Camaro has hit the ground running. — Peter Nunn, Correspondent
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=155206

I guess Japan is not filled up with ricers lol

Edit: Dangit, misspelled sold

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks. Maybe it needs to grow.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i know the first thing they new camaro owners are going to do in japan , drift the **** out of it.

great news camaro is world famous
Nah they'll probably just make it a twin-turbo like they always do with every and then put vinyl decals on the windshield and then put a hideous airplane wing on the back:lol::lol:

·
2,774 Posts
I know Chevy is a sub brand in Japan..and imported though them is it Suzuki?

Since Chevy has no stand alone dealer network in Japan.

And yea the Tax is insane..wish our goverment would do that..solve our debt problem real fast..;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

And yea the Tax is insane..wish our goverment would do that..solve our debt problem real fast..;)
but then we couldn't have "reliable" cars :eek:

i honestly heard a guy the other day talking about his new car.. he'd gotten a Scion TC because it was made by toyota and would run forever... also looks like a ricer right out of the box and has no balls whatsoever, but i guess balls don't matter anymore. ;)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Nah they'll probably just make it a twin-turbo like they always do with every and then put vinyl decals on the windshield and then put a hideous airplane wing on the back:lol::lol:
I've read that while drifting has grown in popularity out here, it's popularity has waned in Japan in recent years.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think its awesome for the camaro 2 sell out everywhere, and i wanna see some crazy drifting camaro's also TT Camaros would b stupid power!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dont have a camaro yet, and my realistic goal is only the LT and i plan on putting in TT's on that to compensate for the lack of power compared to a v8

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've read that while drifting has grown in popularity out here, it's popularity has waned in Japan in recent years.
wow that's interesting, I would have never even guessed that...thanks for the cool info:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
So with these rear TT camaros... the setup includes what? a stock exhaust system which the turbos are then attached to and the output on the turbos runs all the way back to the engine block? just kinda confused.

·
Registered
457 Posts
So with these rear TT camaros... the setup includes what? a stock exhaust system which the turbos are then attached to and the output on the turbos runs all the way back to the engine block? just kinda confused.
It was only a joke making fun of ricers...

·
Registered
179 Posts
You mean like the proposed Hennessey TT Camaro? What TT ricers? If they TT it, that's a good thing; the Japanese themselves don't mess around - it's those American autobuyers that mess it up.

Parts are more expensive (relative to income) in Japan. Therefore only well off kids do it. And they do it right.

Here, parts are cheaper so any idiot can put them on.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
You mean like the proposed Hennessey TT Camaro? What TT ricers? If they TT it, that's a good thing; the Japanese themselves don't mess around - it's those American autobuyers that mess it up.

Parts are more expensive (relative to income) in Japan. Therefore only well off kids do it. And they do it right.

Here, parts are cheaper so any idiot can put them on.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Tax the imports like they tax American cars...........that's the only way to Wake up the American car buyer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts