1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Hmmmm......interesting read, Lu. Even though diesel costs more than gasoline (currently), 65 mpg more than justifies the purchase of the ECOnetic as well as importing it. There's more to it than Ford is letting on, IMO.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I think today's diesel technology surpasses that of any gasoline powered vehicles. One of my buddies who has a Duramax diesel in his 2500HD Silverado just tried home heating oil in his truck with great success. He said something about the cetol (sp?) rating was higher than automotive grade diesel, yet costs considerable less.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think today's diesel technology surpasses that of any gasoline powered vehicles. One of my buddies who has a Duramax diesel in his 2500HD Silverado just tried home heating oil in his truck with great success. He said something about the cetol (sp?) rating was higher than automotive grade diesel, yet costs considerable less.
its the taxes the government puts on actual diesel fuel but heating oil is the same exact thing except they die heating oil red and diesel fuel isnt so if u get pulled over and checked ur screwed so thank our lovely government for our economy downfall due to high gas prices

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
IDIOTS!!!!!!!

I SWEAR IT'S ISH LIKE THIS THAT MAKES ME QUESTION MY LOYALTY TO FORD:BangHead::screwy:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
:mad::twak::lookandleave::iamwithstupid::thumbsdown:

are u on the wrong site?:confused:
no it's just that i support all:patriot: muscle including GM,FORD,AMC AND CHRYSLER.it's just that I've owned more ford made products than any other but why would i have anything against :bowtie_gold:when i work for them?:lol:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
hmmm... makes sense that they would that, not.
:mad::twak::lookandleave::iamwithstupid::thumbsdown:

are u on the wrong site?:confused:
nice :rotflmao:

no it's just that i support all:patriot: muscle including GM,FORD,AMC AND CHRYSLER.it's just that I've owned more ford made products than any other but why would i have anything against :bowtie_gold:when i work for them?:lol:
same here on support :patriot:. Domestics all the way!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Eh, 65 is awesome but you can get a "clean" diesel VW TDI Jetta and get 50+ mpg... now.

and as mentioned buy a kit and run the thing on McDonalds waste.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts