Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moto Guzzi.

Moto Guzzi

A Italian motorcycle manufacturer that's been around since 1921. Not many people in the States know of them...and there aren't that many dealers (none in KY..what few there were closed down in short order). Which is a **** shame..these are some of the coolest bikes ever..and are consistently some of the highest-rated ones in terms of quality, fit and finish and pure fun.

Yes, the V-twin is transversely mounted..it's also shaft driven instead of chain or belt.

I'm trying to spread the word of these guys..they only have around 300 employees in Italy only making around 10,000 bikes a year for world-wide sales.

As a German dealer youtube video shows..these things just sound amazing:

Starting around $8,800 and going up to around $15,000. They're pricier than some of the asian bikes but are right around (and sometimes cheaper) than Harleys.

I know what my first bike is going to be....if I can find a dealer that's not 6 hours away.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Guzzi are great bikes and have a unique V-twin sound! One of my riding buddies has a V-65 Lario and it is so neat! Never fails to draw a crowd when we ride. :)

Bill

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I heard of them...I met a girl who was going for a world record...by riding across every continent on the planet....on a Guzzi.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
8,984 Posts
Really, if you have heard of Harley you should have heard of a guzzi.......

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Not many people have heard of them.
I don't remember ever seeing one around here. B(

Their sound seems to be a mix of Harley rumble and Ducati whine.
Ummm, Ducati whine? Ever heard a Duc in person? No whine there, you must be thinkin' of the I4 sportbikes. Just 90deg L-Twin thump & roar on my Monster.... In the second video while we were screwing around takin' vids a park ranger thought one of the bi-planes in the area had landed on the road and came to see what was going on! :lol:

Monster S4RS :: Sounds badass even on a Cellphone video by hypurone - Photobucket

Monster S4RS :: S4RS w/ 50mm Termi Sys NO Baffles video by hypurone - Photobucket

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ummm, Ducati whine? Ever heard a Duc in person? No whine there, you must be thinkin' of the I4 sportbikes. Just 90deg L-Twin thump & roar on my Monster.... In the second video while we were screwing around takin' vids a park ranger thought one of the bi-planes in the area had landed on the road and came to see what was going on! :lol:

Monster S4RS :: Sounds badass even on a Cellphone video by hypurone - Photobucket

Monster S4RS :: S4RS w/ 50mm Termi Sys NO Baffles video by hypurone - Photobucket

There are other Ducati bikes than the Monster. Some of them have a slight whine at higher RPM's. Same with the Guzzi V7 Classic.

And I don't mean strict RPM whine. I meant a slight background whine while the engine was slowing down.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
There are other Ducati bikes than the Monster. Some of them have a slight whine at higher RPM's. Same with the Guzzi V7 Classic.

And I don't mean strict RPM whine. I meant a slight background whine while the engine was slowing down.
Tons of other Ducati's, most with the same 90 deg L-twin. :thumbsup:

Just never heard anything remotely akin to a whine in any one of them is all..... Though I have never heard a bevel drive in person.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My neighbor in Mass had one. That were I remember them from. But if someone not into bikes. I can understand why they would not know of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts