Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is on motor trend
the 5.7 does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds
i say that is eh
considering its 375 horse and 404 torque
it should do it faster than that
the v6 camaro will be able probably to out run or keep up with it 0-60 and maybe quarter

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
As strong as the 3.6DI V6 is, I don't think it will keep up with any of the 5.7 Chrysler vehicles. It will be a close second, though.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Anyone got numbers of the V6 G8? At least we can get an idea how well it does, with a little more weight.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As strong as the 3.6DI V6 is, I don't think it will keep up with any of the 5.7 Chrysler vehicles. It will be a close second, though.
lemme guess ur a dodge guy?
the 3.6L v6 makes the same power as the mustang gt which can out run the 5.7L hemi
0-60 and quarter
the camaro will keep up if not out run them

·
Registered
172 Posts
Camaro V6 - 275 lb ft (i think)
Challenger - 400 lb ft
I'm a dodge hater but even i'll admit there is no way the V6 camaro will keep up with the 5.7, the thing is a torque monster.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
And most if not all V8s torque curve is longer so you are in a higher tq range for longer than a V6.
My money will go on the V8.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess time will tell, eh? I'll be wagering otherwise, friend.;)
yea i wasnt thinking about torque
but one thing i question is
how the heck is the challenger v8 so much heavier than the v6 its 300+ heavier
do they cast their blocks out of lead?
but
it might keep up in the quarter MAYBE
depends on how high the curve is

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I was asking what the stock 1/4 mile G8 V6 got. Has anyone seen those? I tried searching for them, but all I can find is the GT times. The G8 is 2-300 pounds heavier, and the V6 is only rated at 254 hp (compared to the rated 300 in Camaro).

I don't think the V6 can beat the V8 Challenger, but I sure would like to see how close the numbers actually are (or will be, really).

·
Registered
172 Posts
yea i wasnt thinking about torque
but one thing i question is
how the heck is the challenger v8 so much heavier than the v6 its 300+ heavier
do they cast their blocks out of lead?
but
it might keep up in the quarter MAYBE
depends on how high the curve is
more perfomance = more add ons to keep it under control. its pretty easy to add 300 lbs these days. plus for the fact that the chally is on the charger/300C/magnum platform....very heavy platform. and ill put 100 bucks that the callenger will be .8 to a second faster in the 1/4 than the V6 camaro.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more perfomance = more add ons to keep it under control. its pretty easy to add 300 lbs these days. plus for the fact that the chally is on the charger/300C/magnum platform....very heavy platform. and ill put 100 bucks that the callenger will be .8 to a second faster in the 1/4 than the V6 camaro.
thing is its its the same weight as the charger r/t and same 5.5 times
so idk
it might run the same quarter
which if the camaro runs mid 14s(as some people said) then the camaro will keep up with it

·
Registered
42 Posts
lemme guess ur a dodge guy?
the 3.6L v6 makes the same power as the mustang gt which can out run the 5.7L hemi
0-60 and quarter
the camaro will keep up if not out run them
You are leaving out the 700 lbs gorilla standing around the corner.

Mustang GT - 3,356 lbs
Challenger RT - 4,041 lbs

Now take and add 700 lbs to the Mustang, you think it can still out run the Hemi? :screwy:

Will the V6 Camaro be able to outrun the V6 Challenger? Sure, more power, near identical weight. Will it be able to outrun a R/T or SRT8 Challenger? It may be able to give it a good chase, but the Chally will have the solid lead.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.