Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol:Tonight I went to a local bi-weekly car show. It was just a beautiful day and I was looking my car over to see what needed to be cleaned when I see a silver Corvette pull in. It was early and there were only 6 or 7 cars there at the time. The guy gets out of his car and comes right over to me and asked me where I got my car from. Turns out he just traded in a 2011 Synergy Green 2SS for the Corvette a few weeks ago and thought maybe my car used to be his. I told him that I have had it since new so it was not his. He told me that his Corvette was a 2008 and that he had 2 other Corvettes at home. The Corvette had 427 emblems on it and I asked if he had put a 427 in it. He told me no, it really had a 6.2 in it so not knowing when the LS3 came out I asked him if it was an LS2 or an LS3. He informed me that it was L52 which I responded that Chevy did not make a
L52. He informed me that yes they did and opened his hood to show me, he pointed right to the emblem on the motor and said "See it's a L52". I really had to do my best to not bust up laughing and told him that was not a 5, it is a S. The really sad thing about this is that I don't think he believed me. :lol:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
:lol:Tonight I went to a local bi-weekly car show. It was just a beautiful day and I was looking my car over to see what needed to be cleaned when I see a silver Corvette pull in. It was early and there were only 6 or 7 cars there at the time. The guy gets out of his car and comes right over to me and asked me where I got my car from. Turns out he just traded in a 2011 Synergy Green 2SS for the Corvette a few weeks ago and thought maybe my car used to be his. I told him that I have had it since new so it was not his. He told me that his Corvette was a 2008 and that he had 2 other Corvettes at home. The Corvette had 427 emblems on it and I asked if he had put a 427 in it. He told me no, it really had a 6.2 in it so not knowing when the LS3 came out I asked him if it was an LS2 or an LS3. He informed me that it was L52 which I responded that Chevy did not make a
L52. He informed me that yes they did and opened his hood to show me, he pointed right to the emblem on the motor and said "See it's a L52". I really had to do my best to not bust up laughing and told him that was not a 5, it is a S. The really sad thing about this is that I don't think he believed me. :lol:
Wait one second here, he has an 08...with an LS2 emblem on the engine cover...and 427 badges on the exterior...yet the LS3 came in the 08 Vette. Is it possible he has an 07 but thought it was an 08 and then bought 427 badges for it? Or maybe the previous owner did? Curious...

·
Registered
394 Posts
:lol:

WAIT WUT?? lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Im glad there is no confusion on my car.. there is no LS to confuse me.. lol.. L99... lmao @L52... wow... even if it was an ls3 or ls2 why the 427 badges? thats a 7.0 LS...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait one second here, he has an 08...with an LS2 emblem on the engine cover...and 427 badges on the exterior...yet the LS3 came in the 08 Vette. Is it possible he has an 07 but thought it was an 08 and then bought 427 badges for it? Or maybe the previous owner did? Curious...
I agree, I don't think this guy had a clue. You would think he would know what year it was because he said he just purchased it 2 weeks ago. I did not know what year the LS3 came out so that is why I asked what motor it had. My guess is that it was a 07 because I saw the LS2, or according to him the L52. I can never understand why someone would put on 427 badgers when it is not a 427.
I almost really hated to pop his bubble, because he looked so happy to prove to me that he was right and he had a L52.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow! Here's the thing. if you don't know anything about your car, then admit it. Try and learn. Don't just say stupid things that are not true.

Also, FYI, the LS2 is a 6.0.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea some people think putting badges, false badges, on a car is a sin. I don't mind it at all. I would never do it myself...well actually...back when I had my Lincoln Mark VIII the popular thing for the Lincoln fellas to do was to put the Cobra badge on it. Basically the Mark VIII had the 4.6 DOHC engine first in 93. Ford made that engine more powerful with an aggressive cam, better flowing intake manifold, and more aggressive tune and then put it in the Cobra in 96. So the Mark VIII guys didn't get frowned upon for using Cobra badges. It became popular enough that some aftermarket companies took the Cobra emblem and the Mark VIII emblem and fused them. As far as Camaros and Corvettes are concerned, I think people just like the badges and like the way it looks. I don't think they are posers or trying to fool anyone. I think they simply like the way it looks on the car. And let's face it, the badges are awesome. I kinda like seeing it...but I'm a weirdo anyway.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I stuck a 6.2 badge on my SS. Thats because its a 6.2
i have a 6.2L/L99 badge under my hood also.. buts it an L99 6.2 lol... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have a 6.2L/L99 badge under my hood also.. buts it an L99 6.2 lol... :thumbsup:
You may be o.k. with doing this because it goes back to the day old question, what came first the chicken or the egg.

·
Registered
257 Posts
On my '93 Eldo I put gold Biarritz emblems on and they didnt even have that model that year. I've never had anyone "Call" me on it.
My "03 S10 doesnt have anything.
Who gives a Ratazz about emblems, let them fool themselves.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm gonna put GT-500 emblems on one side, SRT-8 stickers on the other side, an SS emblem on the front, a ZR-1 emblem on the engine cover, a ZL-1 emblem on the hood, a Viper emblem on the top, and just for good measure...a Z/28 sticker sheet over the windshield...!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts