Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 45 years on this earth I have yet to own a new car. I've always gravitated towards the old school 60's cars, and that's all I've ever owned. My mid-life crisis started when I was 18 I guess. Nothing new ever was worth buying, till now. I've been talking to a local dealer about ordering a 2SS/RS, and came in today to pay the dues and go for it. Going over the paperwork and not only was I looking at a car that was coming in built and not ordering a car like I had specified, but I see the little $7K dealer mark up at the bottom of the pricing column. I couldn't believe all this time I was thinking I was paying MSRP, and then at the last minute it's a nice fat 7 grand pork charge. Needless to say I left pretty pissed and with no car. I've done copious checking locally and found the lowest mark up to be $3k. I guess that will be the way I go, but I'm far from happy about it. What are you guys paying out there? I'm in Washington.

·
Registered
240 Posts
GM Supplier discount is what I should end up paying, so a bit below MSRP. Add that dealer to the list of bad dealers. Heck for 7k markup it would be worth it for you to order from Classic and have the car shipped up there.

·
Registered
731 Posts
wtf is up with that dealer thats no discount its still a mark-up go find another dealer shop around in near cities if you havent already, on a side note i may be wrong on that high of a discount let me find the thread that i saw that in

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other dealer I talked to said at MSRP they only make $900 per car. Either way here in the Seatte area, everybody is marked up. And people are paying it.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Get with one of the 3 dealer sponsor on the site MSRP only no mark up

Eric with Classic Chevy
or
Mac Mulkin Chevy
or
Camaro Scotty with Newman

All will treat you right and no getting raked over the coals...

I got mine at MSRP and the GM told me they are only making about $700 on the V-6's

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
thats bull im ordering with gm employee discount so ill be about 5 thousand below msrp
You must be getting the ultra loaded with everything. Even then I think it's only about 4K max. For a 2SS, base price savings is about 2600 below MSRP for GMS.

My own order came out to be:
MSRP $38,265.00 GMS price $35,301.75

Check out plane flights or shipping options. In our case, it's 148 bucks each if we hopped on a plane one way to Dallas...so that's what we're going to do. Our order is through Classic Chevrolet (a site sponsor) in Grapevine, TX. Them and Newman are the only ones I think that's here that are accepting the discounts.

All in all, we're still saving 2700 below MSRP. Definitely worth the trip.

$7K over sticker...sheesh. If you're not in a hurry, just wait...prices will drop.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would wait until August after the initial gotta have the first one on the block phase is over. THey will be all over the place and greatly reduced in price by then.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am trading in my 2002 SS. The only way that I would pay a dealer markup would be if they raised my trade in value by the same ammount as the markup like they used to do with my Harleys. They did this so that they could tell the other customers that everyone paid the markup. Otherwise, I would tell them to stick their bikes up their a$$. I told a dealer in the Boston area who asked for a $2000.00 markup on Camaros, that I would be back when his lot was full of Camaros and GM was out of buisness. He tried to tell me that the Camaro was a limitted production car. If any one believes that, I can get them a good deal on a bridge over the Mystic River and they can set up their own toll booths.
In the words of the immortal Smokey Robinson "my mamma told me, you better shop around". Good luck!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh this just gets better all the time. The yahoo at the dealership said even employees pay $2k over msrp.
It is up to the dealer to honor GMS pricing for employees, many are not.

It's worth traveling a bit to get a dealer willing to sell for MSRP with no markup, even just on priciple anlone.

Later this year as supply catches up with demand, it shouldn't be as big a problem.

-Brad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts