Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- got a few notes from people....concerned about the economy and GM and whether or not this will delay the Camaro.

First -- let me make this perfectly clear: this is ME talking - and I am NOT speaking for the company I work for...........MY thoughts:

Let me quote our Chairman: "Bankruptcy is not an option......."

Those are pretty powerful words. I believe he's committed to doing everything in his power to turn this company around -- and the proof is in the cars and trucks we're coming out with.

(Fact: No one has more cars that get 30mpg or better than Chevy -- not Honda, Not Toyota -- not anyone.........................) (sorry -- just had to put that message in there.....)

Rick has lots of people criticizing him -- everyone seems to think they have the answer - the fact is that they don't have all the answers.

Will we ever declare bankruptcy?

Well -- 'never' is a realllllllllll long time -- so I will never say never.........but I think it very very unlikely.

The Economy is indeed in turmoil -- where will it end? No one knows.

No one.

That said -- while our business has taken quite a hit, we're moving forward with new products -- and one of them is the Camaro. There are no delays on the new Camaro. None.

Back to the economy...........

I have a real problem with many of our elected officials in Washington...

....I believe we:

-that's you and me-- need to vote a LOT of people out of office -- and we need to do it NOW.

I believe that there are people on Wall Street that need to go to jail. I believe that we need to use the 'claw-back' laws to 'claw back' the outlandish compensation that too many people have been paid. I'm sorry, but NO ONE is worth $50million in my book ...you may disagree and it's your perogative to do so..............

I believe in the United States of America.

I also know that the rest of the world is going thru what we're going thru.........and that is frightening.

I believe we've got some of the best business minds in the world - and I believe you'll see people work hard to solve our problems.

Now -- that said:

WE:

- that's you and me -- have some responsibilities.

It is NOT a God Given Right to live in this country and expect to have things handed to us.

WE:

-- that's you and me - have a RESPONSIBILITY to get ourselves to the polls on Tuesday, November 4 -- and vote RESPONSIBLY --

By 'responsibly' -- I mean none of this 'straight ticket' stuff - YOU NEED TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK -- and you need to be paying attention to where ALL candidates stand on a variety of issues. YOU NEED to look at the claims being made -- and you need to do your homework to see that some are outlandish...........and you need to understand that EVERYTHING comes with a price...........

WE:

-- that's you and me -- have a RESPONSIBILITY to work and sacrifice to see that our way of life is preserved. We must because, you see, many have given their lives so that we - that's you and me -- can have the best standard of living that the world has EVER known. Many millions more gave years of their lives and their health -- for the same reason.

WE:

-- that's you and me-- need to look at what's in the best interests of the country -- not just of what MAY be in the best interests of ourselves. (singular)

A personal word about health care:

Two years ago I had a heart problem. I was told that the "widow maker' was over 90% blocked -- and I was put in the hospital and I had stents put in.

It took less than 48 hours to get these stents.......and at the time one of my dear friends in Canada told me that there was a waiting list of over a YEAR for stents in that country.
(this is not a slam at Canada -- if I had to move to another country -- I'd pick Canada in a heartbeat -- love the country - love the people even more!)

Our Hospitals have lots of patients from all over the world - and the reason is this: we have the best health care in the world -- but the problem is the COST of health care.

Wanna know my thinking on WHY?

People can sue for millions for ridiculous reasons.

The older I get, the more I realize what I DON'T know -- but I know this: Pass Tort reform and our health care costs will come back to earth......

The Attorneys don't want this -- and they'll tell you that they're fighting for your rights (and perhaps they are...) but they're becoming very wealthy doing so. (this is not a slam against all attorneys -- esp. those of you who are my friends!!!) But it IS a slam at what I'll call "ambulance chasers"......

OK -- bet a few of you are sorry you asked.

AGAIN -- the opinions above are MY PERSONAL opinions - not those of the company I work for -- and my opinions and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee at one of those fancy-shmancy coffee shops..........

(......can someone please bring a fork lift over here and get the soap box out from under me??)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, stay up on that soapbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yeah, stay up on that soapbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice first post :BangHead:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with you, most of the people I know agree with what you are saying...

Tort reform? Check.

Health care costs? We need to do more for the consumers of health care than the we do for the providers.

I'm an airline pilot: A piece of legislation that I know very, very well is the airline deregulation act of 1978. The basic premise of this act was to get the government out of the way by deregulating the airline business in the United States of America. Prior to this bill passing, air travel was reserved for the very well off in America. After the bill became law, the price to the consumer fell dramatically. Now, you can fly from one coast to the other coast for less than $500. (This particular legislation dramatically changed my career expectations for the worse, but, it served the overall good of the average American.)

Health car needs its own deregulation. We have far too few providers, making far too much profit off of, the consumers of health care.

·
2,774 Posts
thanks for the thoughts man.
Yes health care is totally messed up here. One of the big reasons is some people have health care provided to them for no cost. These "guests" of our country are impacting the system millions of dollars at a time and yet pay nothing into it. Who gets the cost? The people that pay into insurance.
I would get more into it but I don't want to forklift Scotts box or anything. Just saying health care should be for the people of this country less than it is and not free to "guests" of this country..:BangHead:

And back on to what Scott says..yes buying or demanding from home grown products is a must. From toothpicks to trucks. Only takes a second to flip it over and see where it was made. Truth be told if you look there is still stuff made in the good ol U.S. of A..and or North America..Buying from China for our products weakens us...buying fron Japan for our auto's weakens us.

we need to have pride in this country again.:patriot:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Scott great post and true to the facts, (no spin zone).

I vote and I worry about the future for my grandchildren, 2 & 5.

The General is to big to be knocked down, my point of view.

America, she will always stand proud & strong, the American worker will always be strong, during hard and good times. (I was proud to serve her for 22 years). :patriot:

I've held a job since I was 13, I'm 45 now and I'm dam proud of that fact. That is the only way I could have bought gas for my Chevy truck in high school or purchased my home. (fixed rate I might add). I would never expect somebody to bail my a** out. I believe some people need to fry for their dirty deeds done to the tax payers.

For the small amount of post you submit, I've never read any BS :thumbsup:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
401 Posts
-that's you and me-- need to vote a LOT of people out of office -- and we need to do it NOW.

I believe that there are people on Wall Street that need to go to jail. I believe that we need to use the 'claw-back' laws to 'claw back' the outlandish compensation that too many people have been paid. I'm sorry, but NO ONE is worth $50million in my book ...you may disagree and it's your perogative to do so..............

AMEN
i mean my god this countries economy was strong it effected the world?
that is freaking massive
if it goes under where would that leave the world then?
and us
second we do need to fire them

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
nice first post :BangHead:
And the subject of the first post someone makes somehow gives you the right to judge them negatively because..........?

But to Scott's comments, I'm full in agreement with. However, one sticking point is that society normally views things from a personal impact level first whether conciously or subconciously (IF you ever look at a horoscope thing in the paper, who's do you look for first? Someone else's or your own?). So while you may WANT to do what's right for the country, a lot of people don't have a self-sacrifice mode in this country to put others' needs in front of their own. It would be nice, but that's tough for some to do.

We need the big three. We need a Camaro. Obviously, I'm biased to GM, but we need to provide safe cars for the public from ALL car-makers for everyone's benefit (Example: an exploding Pinto would not be good for you if your Camaro was parked next to one when it exploded).

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
And the subject of the first post someone makes somehow gives you the right to judge them negatively because..........?
sorry I offended you, geez. I just thought someone new to the forum could show a little respect...or at least introduce themselves...maybe I took the post the wrong way? It's not like I cursed him out or anything.:mad:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
You didn't offend me. It would take a lot more effort for that. I was just wondering why you seemed to feel offended when someone used their first post to voice an opinion...when technically, that's pretty much their business and not yours. Respect is a two way street. And no, you didn't curse him out, but you weren't exhibiting a warm welcome either. If it was a generally offensive post, I could see your point. Certainly not the norm, but there isn't any minium post rule I'm aware of before you can voice an opinion. This isn't to say you can't have an opinion about it. I was just wondering why.

That's part of the issues I have with America's trends. Other people somehow have to feel that how someone else utilizes their own personal freedoms and choices are somehow "wrong" if they don't do it the way THEY expect. Basically, if it doesn't cause you harm or undue hardship, why would you care? And an Interwebz forum is hardly the place one needs to take offense to other's opinions.

Not trying to start any issue here as it's no big deal, just trying to understand why your feathers would be ruffled based on seemingly innocuous first post content. I'm sure they'll get around to introducing themselves in their own time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
USA! USA! USA!

:patriot:

I am optimistic about America's future.

I am buying a Camaro.

GM will survive.

We are a great country, and there is no company like GM in our history.

Stay strong people!

:roxor:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts