Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you are aware and thus deeply concerned about what is now inevitabely becoming a recession? I'm really suprised to find only a few references to the economy in my searches. :confused:

Like most, if not all of you - I've been extremely anxious, counting down the days to what I was believing to be until recently - the reality that I'll finally be able to "afford" a new car...and my favorite american muscle car for once!
I've been skeptical of how the government and the media have been essentially imposing a sense of fear on us, but friends...I'm afraid that we have to be honest with ourselves......I believe a lot of us who were relying on financing to get a Camaro will not be able to, at least for a considerable amount of time because of tightening lending. Do you think I'm over-reacting or do you share my concerns? And what about GM? They have to be able to bring us the Camaro in the first place - a lot of significant as well as uncertain things are to happen between now and "planned" production! Nevertheless I remain optimistic :patriot:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Only 2 recessions since the Great Depression has lasted over 12 months. Those 2 lasted about 18 months. The economy will bounce back. I hope that the US gets back on track and by 2nd quarter of 2009.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it's a good time to invest...it'll bounce back...there's still a lot of time. I think it just needs to bottom out a bit. The way the market is, all it needs is a really good week and it'll make back a lot of those losses...that said, the $$ I had invested for a down payment took a big hit this last 2 weeks.

just a matter of time before someone posts that the "sky is falling"...remember those posts that said we'd be paying $10 a gallon by the time the Camaro was released??? At least now the gas prices have been falling.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Like said above. The market has its ups and downs, but has ALWAYS bounced back.

I think this is good for the market. It is just what it does. It is how it is designed. Some lose some win, but it takes ups and downs to make winners. Without ups and downs it would not work properly. Give it time. It will come back. Everyone freaking about it will only prolong its down time.

·
8,984 Posts
Chevrolet & Exxon.

·
8,984 Posts
Good Pont.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No effect on Camaro.

The people who really want Camaros will buy them. The people who are just shopping can't buy anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts