Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I am in Sandy, Utah at JDP Motorsports for my final round of mods to the Beast (as it was affectionately named by my gearhead nephew after driving it with the SC installed!).

Going to get the very first production install of their Dual Mocal Remote Oil Cooler setup. I did some custom drilled DRL bezels that will be installed for increased airflow as well.

Pics of the Dual Mocal Remote Oil Cooler setup will follow once completed. I'm sure you have all seen your fair share of pics of the other stuff....

This was one of those deals where, "since I was driving all that way" I decided to do some other stuff that I would have needed a lift for etc.

1. Pfadt Solid Subframe mounts
2. Pfadt Upper Control Arm Bushings
and since the cradle was going to dropped down
3. ZL1 Fuel Pump
4. Brand new 3.45 diff w/ JRE posi mod (I have always felt like I was "in between gears" when blasting around in it)

Wish me luck!

Thanks Jordan & Jeremy and get to it!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Good luck Chuck, you won't be sorry...sounds like the right things to do.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Chuck, that is awesome!! I think you'll be shocked at the difference you feel when you put the new gears out back.... People always underestimate how much gears will change how a car performs!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck Chuck, you won't be sorry...sounds like the right things to do.:thumbsup:
Chuck, that is awesome!! I think you'll be shocked at the difference you feel when you put the new gears out back.... People always underestimate how much gears will change how a car performs!!
Thanks guys. I have run the inserts in the subframe bushings ever since they became available. And while it was an improvement I have been longing to do the solids and upper arm bushings to finish the rear off. I honestly am not expecting anything from the fuel pump other than safety. The oil coolers are going to be a big plus handling the rising temps when on the happy pedal...

The gear swap was a torturous decision on whether or not to do it. I had to walk a fine line having the PD blower. Too much gear and I would thoroughly ruin what traction I managed to salvage with the rims/tires etc. But I needed something to solve that weird in between feeling where I was either blowing all my traction by selecting the lower gear or not getting the pull I wanted at lighter throttle applications for good mid-corner manners. While I like hanging the rear out as much as the next guy, it can and does get old and sometimes dangerous....

Stay tuned....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this didn't go anywhere near as planned. They didn't let me under the car for pics..... :angry:

They took some that I saw on his phone but..... Guess I'll have to hit up the owner at my dealer to get the car up in the air and see if I can get any decent pics...

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts