Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember these days?

When I was at the body shop the other day with the truck (the deer incident) while I waited for them to evaluate, I went across the street to the Chevy/Caddy dealer to scope out the new Camaros on the lot. There were oodles of them. Almost like a 5th gen cruise in or something.

I didn't think about it until today, but I wish I'd have had my camera handy to take a picture of the dealership for posterity. At least to me, I always like seeing pictures of dealerships of yore, with trinkets of a glimpse or two of cool musclecars being offered when new, wondering if someone you know now owns it or what became of its fate. Like now one of those cars in the pics above is part of my lunch thermos or something.

The neat thing is, any picture opportunity could change constantly because of the inventory of what you see could change daily. So a snapshot of that one particular moment, when about 20 Camaros are lined up side by side (that synergy green SS stood out) might be something to talk about 20 years down the road.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Probably one of the rarest of photos are cars they only made a handful of but on the showroom floor. This is one of my favorite sets from circa 1969 at VanDevere Olds in Akron, OH, although it's a 69 Hurst/Olds and not a Camaro. Just over 900 built that year. I guess I'm a bit partial to it because I have car #43.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's even cooler is having YOUR car's baby pictures!

Classic Chevrolet, Grapevine, TX, 10/27/09 with Eric Hall, salesman:

A bit dark due to the light from the sunrise behind. Oh well.

The 2002 SS from Herndon Chevrolet, Lexington, SC, 4/30/02:

It arrives!

A prep guy and my salesman, Gerald Caldwell. The Ste. Therese poster was in the trunk!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Very Cool I love old pics of how dealerships used to look :thumbsup:

I would love to Time warp back to 2/14/1969 " Valentines day " and see my 69 Come in the day she was delivered.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
theres been alot of old chevy dealerships closed down in stark county in the last few years. its a shame. some moved into better buildings, some went out of business. but i loved to see those old buildings.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Nice Pictures.... It takes me back to the days when things seemed a lot simpler and the world didn't go by as fast. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
wow....thats alot of bad ass camaros sitting in sludge. in now a days $, thats a few million dollars sitting in that picture.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
That's soooooo very true!! That has to be one of my favorite pictures of the 1st Gen Camaro. :5go:
i think my next toy, after the camaro is paid off, will be a 69 camaro. not sure exactly what but im thinkin either a true SS or a z28 clone. i dont really care about matching numbers, i just want one to drive. probably auto, so the wife can drive it. she loves older cars. ive seen a few restored and slightly modded( crate motor, after market wheels) go for around 19-25k.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts