Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all but confirmed that the Holden Commodore will be imported as a Pontiac G8 (Grand Prix replacement) in numbers as high as 50,000 per year.

Starting with this car, Pontiac begins to move in a new direction.
And what direction is that?
Well, there's not many details yet, but all signs point to a more performance-oriented lineup with all RWD vehicles.

Bob Lutz says:
“Come to the Chicago Auto Show and all will be revealed.”

That's only a month away!
And I'll be there with digital camera in hand. :)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure does, I think it would be a welcomed idea. :)

Have you noticed that Pontiac never advertises the G5?
That's because it's a short-term stop-gap vehicle.

While its sister car the Cobalt will be a permanent fixture in the Chevrolet lineup, I doubt the G5 will be around past model year 2008.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Those Holdens are very nice cars. I wish GM brought the Holden as it was and didn't screw with it slapping on Pontiac badging.
The thing I find funny is that there are guys on the holden message boards that want and convert their cars to pontiacs.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The thing I find funny is that there are guys on the holden message boards that want and convert their cars to pontiacs.
Most of the Holden models are far above in styling though. Much better looking cars. GM took a beautiful car and slapped on some lesser appealing (IMO) front clips. They could of saved that tooling money and put in a Bose radio and junked the Blaaaah punk radio.

I like my GTO, but it would look even better if it had more of the original Holden appearance.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny, people here with GTOs wanna convert them to the Holden Monaro styling, and people with Monaros in Australia wanna convert them to the GTO styling.
:lol:

Now granted, it's not that common of a thing, but still interesting to think about it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's funny, people here with GTOs wanna convert them to the Holden Monaro styling, and people with Monaros in Australia wanna convert them to the GTO styling.
:lol:

Now granted, it's not that common of a thing, but still interesting to think about it. :)
I wouldn't do it myself, but I get why people do. It makes your car different (but in a known way, vs putting on some aftermarket fascia or something) and worthy of discussion... and the parts are known to be OEM quality and have resale value.

·
8,984 Posts
It's just like the 240sx guys in the states converting the front clip to sylvia sheetmetal and turbo....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts