Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
well the Camaro can't be everything..hell you would take KITT over Bumblebee?? you kidding me??

·
2,774 Posts
NBC's got an agreement with Ford to do the show with the Mustang if it turns into a series. And it looks like its going to happen.
And one of the major reasons is Transofrmers. They saw what GM did with the marketing of TF and the money it took at the box office.
so they sunk a lot of money into Knight Rider.

and to boot the little stab that GM took to NBC. Yanking KITT's voice at the last min.. The voice of the Silverado commercials was to be the voice of KITT..well GM put up a conflict of interest argument and had NBC replace his voice with Val Kilmer's...I don't think NBC's too happy with GM for that stunt.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Competition is good, but when an iconic TV car has been a Firebird for 25 years, and now all of a sudden it's not... I'd call that a mistake.

Like if Dukes of Hazzard came back and the General Lee was anything but a Dodge, it would be just wrong.

FWIW, Hard-core Transformers people don't like Bumblebee being a Camaro either, since it was always was a Volkswagen Beetle.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Competition is good, but when an iconic TV car has been a Firebird for 25 years, and now all of a sudden it's not... I'd call that a mistake.

Like if Dukes of Hazzard came back and the General Lee was anything but a Dodge, it would be just wrong.

FWIW, Hard-core Transformers people don't like Bumblebee being a Camaro either, since it was always was a Volkswagen Beetle.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::screwy::rotflmao::rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts