Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
please bear with me... i am easily ammused with smilies and have a tendency to write loooooong threads!

i didn't want anyone to feel their thread was :hijacked: so i'm posting the story of the guy who raced a mustang ss here!

Mustang SS, do tell! :lol:
ok so i'm driving, and i pull up to a stop light. the guy in the 88 accord next to me manually rolls his window down and starts waving both arms furiously at me, so i rolled my window down.

he says, "Nice Car man! What year is it, 08? 09?"

i said, "It's a 2010!" 1st :slap:

he says, " Holy sh!t, they already came out with the 2010? that's a nice challenger!"
by the way this event occured on December 18, 2009 and directly in front of his face on my front fender it has chrome lettering saying "C A M A R O" that is hard to miss.

i said, "This isn't a Challenger, it's a Camaro." 2nd & 3rd :slap: (3rd one was more of a backhand)

he says, "Oh my bad i only saw the rear of it, if i woulda seen the front i woulda said camaro."
:eek:ktodd: he probably still woulda called it a challenger if he saw the front, i get this a lot!

i said, ":eek:rly:"

so the light turns green and i figured i would get a way now, but no, another red light. he looks at me again and said, "sounds really fast what does the speedo read?"

i said, "180"

he says, "WOW that is really fast" no sh!t! i thought to myself and then he says, "what are the payments?"

i said, "$650" (if your wondering why yours are lower or higher, its because i put $9500 down, no trade in.)

he says, "ohh f***, thats more than i make in one paycheck! yea i have a v6 challenger at home, and the payments are like $350 which i can barely afford!"

i thought to myself, ":eek:rly:, then why are you driving a car that is only worth $350?" 4th :slap:

as i am waiting for this long light to turn green, he then mentions to me, "yea i raced a Mustang SS in my challey a couple weeks ago. beat it, so yea!"

i thought to myself, "did this guy really just say he raced a Mustang SS, he is looking at me with a very straight face, i really think he isn't kidding..."

i then said, "Mustang SS, i didn't know Ford made a Mustang SS!" 5th and final :slap: (more of a ***** :slap: than a regular :slap:)

before he could answer, because a cat got his tongue, the light turned green. i gave him a nice :hello: goodbye dumbass and sped off, entered the freeway and got away from him so i didn't have to listen to him anymore!

and this is why i do not roll in the city with my windows down... people like this guy try to talk to me because i'm in a cool car and then they make a fool of themselves!

only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, i am not sure about the former!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'd have motored up the window as soon as he finished saying the first stupid statement.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Epicness...I saw a Trailblazer with an SS emblem yesterday...please tell me that they were being funny and just stuck it on there...because if it was legit I'm going to shoot myself...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Epicness...I saw a Trailblazer with an SS emblem yesterday...please tell me that they were being funny and just stuck it on there...because if it was legit I'm going to shoot myself...
there is a Trailblazer SS, I actually thought of getting one a couple years back, before the Camaro was a sure thing. Pretty quick and 4x4

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
and this is why i do not roll in the city with my windows down... people like this guy try to talk to me because i'm in a cool car and then they make a fool of themselves!
Yep, this car seems to always have someone that wants to have those stop light conversations everytime I have the windows down. :angry:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
They are bad azz. I seriously considered one over the 08 silverado.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
I never drive with the windows down anymore:cool:. I've had one conversation and that was enough. Mustang SS Ummm Ummm Ummm

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well, start loading.. Does that mean if your dead I can do the car of the month??? :rotflmao: There a nice truck but the AWD is a killer on MPG..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, Mustang SS...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Trailblazer is AWD all the time or 2wd I skipped the awd due to the extra weight and awful mpgs
I have the 2wd its very fast comfortable we love it. Its my Family car.
I have heard they respond very well to a tune also ours is stock with a KN filter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I do the revving the engine and say "I can't hear you" routine. (holding hand to ear) LOL But sometimes I do like the intelligent comments I get.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well no idiot remarks lately... my camaro is in the garage until the snow goes away... not anytime soon as it is supposed to be sub zero later in the week here in OK! :eek:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I was in my 68 Camaro and I had someone walk up to me and friends when we were at the beach, back in 91 or 92. He asked, "I am totally into these cars. Is that a 66?" All i said was "No, it is a 68 and they didnt start making them till 67." He just walked away after that :homer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts