Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been much of a music downloader since all the free sites went away, but my fiance got me an iPod for Christmas, and I've been going a little crazy. Here's my latest five; please don't laugh too hard...

Palisades Park - Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon
Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree - Tony Orlando & Dawn
Dark Lady - Cher
Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves - Cher
Hair - The Cowsills

Do keep in mind that I'm 26. I have a wide musical taste. :lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I've not been much of a music downloader since all the free sites went away, but my fiance got me an iPod for Christmas, and I've been going a little crazy. Here's my latest five; please don't laugh too hard...

Palisades Park - Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon
Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree - Tony Orlando & Dawn
Dark Lady - Cher
Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves - Cher
Hair - The Cowsills

Do keep in mind that I'm 26. I have a wide musical taste. :lol:
OMG. :yay::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:poke:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok, so I will also let you all in on a little secret that I'm also on my third glass of Bacardi coconut rum & coke. :lol:

Just purchased Run DMC "Mary, Mary" :thumbsup:
Are you serious? I just finished my first glass of the same thing. Cheers!

·
Registered
359 Posts
**** right! If I remember correctly, you're from VA... it must be something that we do down there :D Oh I miss NoVA....
It's just a great drink.

My son is attending Nova then he is doing the transfer to George Mason. Take it easy on the booze or you might end up buying some Barry Manilow Mp3's! :D

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess you meant Northern VA and not Nova, :D. Thanks for the info. I'll definitively consider it.
Yes, that's what I meant, but it's all the same :D I lived in McLean before moving to Pittsburgh, so it's been a bit of an adjustment.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm old school. I grew up when MTV was really MTV and played great music. I don't own an Ipod but the latest tunes on my mp3 player are from Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Slayer, and a bunch of other headbanging metal :rock5thgen:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I'm old school. I grew up when MTV was really MTV and played great music. I don't own an Ipod but the latest tunes on my mp3 player are from Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Slayer, and a bunch of other headbanging metal :rock5thgen:
All the cool people have records:thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok, so I'm on drink #5. I ran out of Bacardi and am now on 5 olives bubble gum and sprite.

I do have vinyl. Ozzy and Metallica. Eat that!
Ran out already? You need to buy a bigger bottle! I'm on #3 right now. Just came back from warming up the Camaro.

Man, you just pumped me up. I want to listen to ultimate sin from Ozzy right now.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw Appetite for Destruction on vinyl at best buy recently. I was so close to picking it up, but the only record player that's in my family is at my parents house. It's a gigantic stereo with some "diamond tip" thing. I guess it was special "back in the day."

Now I'm remembering all of my "rare" vinyl collection. I had the picture discs from Metallica like Creeping Death and the little Master of Puppets EP. I sold them several years ago, but I know how sweet the vinyl is :D

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Diamon tip"..hmm..you mean the needle? lol
Yeah... I guess that was something special. I'm not kidding you all... this record player is like five feet wide and two feet deep. It's a Sears model. I guess it was like "the big thing" from back in the day. My Grandmother used to say that everyone in the neighborhood thought they were the rich family because they were one of the first people with a TV and a record player. :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I remember when I was like 5-6 years old my dad had this "console" which had a record player on one side and on the other side had an am/fm radio. Both record player and radio had speakers on their sides, much like a "stereo system". On the center of the console there was this fake "fire place" that lit up and made wood burning like sounds when turned on. Awesome. :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts