Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LS engine family is expanding once again. This time, we have three powerful new engine offerings to enhance the choices for late-model performance enthusiasts, muscle car and street rod builders, and racers of all stripes.

The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine.

The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. The LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.

Available in early 2008!

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/SEMA/index.jsp

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Let's hope the 376/480 comes in the z28/SS. I doubt the carb version will make it, lol. Nice news, I guess the different cam profile spec in the second one is the LS3 "hot cam".

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
:roxor: :roxor:. Hmm the Replacement motor in my Camaro just got a little fuzzier. Dammit GM way to go now I have one more option out of 100 already. :roxor:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man that LS 376/480 would be very nice in a G8, or a 5th Gen! Then all it needs is a big turbo, intercooler, methenol injection, intake, exhaust, and tuning!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
LS9 would be even better :lol:.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, well yeah! lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Half the fun is watching some of you guys going nuts on these cars. Who will be the first with a 1000hp 5thgen Camaro?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seriously, you know some of the first cars will go straight to the tuners. That is one of the greatest things about Camaro/Vette & Mustang. etc... very reasonable and usually fairly easy to mod.

·
Registered
206 Posts
imo for 8k$ i will build a LSx 6 bolt based motor, with forged pistons and stroker crank along with top notch heads, and intake.
4.185 (bore) x 4.125 (stroke)=454 LSx with LS7 type heads
just sayin'

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Half the fun is watching some of you guys going nuts on these cars. Who will be the first with a 1000hp 5thgen Camaro?
If they come charged from the factory with a stout bottom end I dont think that will be a problem :lol:.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking at a Twin turbo STS style system with Snow performance injection fully Ported heads and a slightly bigger cam. true dual 2.75" exhaust and headers. i think that will do it. maybe to the tune of 550whp.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Let's hope the 376/480 comes in the z28/SS. I doubt the carb version will make it, lol. Nice news, I guess the different cam profile spec in the second one is the LS3 "hot cam".
That would be sweeeeet if chevy offered that for the Camaro.
I look at it this way would chevy come out with 360 plus for
the G8 so that tells you that the CAMARO would have more
right???
:patriot:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts