Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LS engine family is expanding once again. This time, we have three powerful new engine offerings to enhance the choices for late-model performance enthusiasts, muscle car and street rod builders, and racers of all stripes.

The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine.

The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. The LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.

Available in early 2008!

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/SEMA/index.jsp

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Let's hope the 376/480 comes in the z28/SS. I doubt the carb version will make it, lol. Nice news, I guess the different cam profile spec in the second one is the LS3 "hot cam".

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
:roxor: :roxor:. Hmm the Replacement motor in my Camaro just got a little fuzzier. Dammit GM way to go now I have one more option out of 100 already. :roxor:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man that LS 376/480 would be very nice in a G8, or a 5th Gen! Then all it needs is a big turbo, intercooler, methenol injection, intake, exhaust, and tuning!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Half the fun is watching some of you guys going nuts on these cars. Who will be the first with a 1000hp 5thgen Camaro?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seriously, you know some of the first cars will go straight to the tuners. That is one of the greatest things about Camaro/Vette & Mustang. etc... very reasonable and usually fairly easy to mod.

·
Registered
334 Posts
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CHEVY NEEDS TO DO TO THE CAMARO. IF THEY OFFER DIFFERENT CAMS THEN USING ONLY ONE V8 WOULD BE FINE. DIFFERENT ENGINE OPTIONS IS GREAT AND WOULD MAKE SINCE AS FAR AS PRICE GOES BECAUSE THE CONSUMER CAN ADD TO THE PRICE TAG AND NOT BE STUCK TO WHAT THEY GIVE YOU.:roxor:

·
Registered
206 Posts
imo for 8k$ i will build a LSx 6 bolt based motor, with forged pistons and stroker crank along with top notch heads, and intake.
4.185 (bore) x 4.125 (stroke)=454 LSx with LS7 type heads
just sayin'

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Half the fun is watching some of you guys going nuts on these cars. Who will be the first with a 1000hp 5thgen Camaro?
If they come charged from the factory with a stout bottom end I dont think that will be a problem :lol:.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking at a Twin turbo STS style system with Snow performance injection fully Ported heads and a slightly bigger cam. true dual 2.75" exhaust and headers. i think that will do it. maybe to the tune of 550whp.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Let's hope the 376/480 comes in the z28/SS. I doubt the carb version will make it, lol. Nice news, I guess the different cam profile spec in the second one is the LS3 "hot cam".
That would be sweeeeet if chevy offered that for the Camaro.
I look at it this way would chevy come out with 360 plus for
the G8 so that tells you that the CAMARO would have more
right???
:patriot:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts