Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
:meh:

The losses would be high and the ionization energy would be no different than any other method of separating water into hydrogen & oxygen. Notice they said nothing about the energy required to create and sustain this hydrolysis.

Interesting parlor trick but nothing more. BTW, the florescent tube is generally used to indicate dangerous radiation levels. (This detail is nothing new either, BTW -- industry has been using it for years as a safety check...)

Cool video, though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just for fun, I sent this link (with a comment about the ionization energy) to the Ph.D. chemist in the office next to me (after a lengthy discussion about gravitational wells after-hours yesterday. :)) This was his response:

Oh there are other problems too. Long flame – but H2 and O2 have a high flame velocity so it should be short. Color – H2 and O2 flame is colorless (yes, Na+ will be yellow, but not white as shown – that is more like a hydrocarbon flame, and a hydrocarbon flame fits the flame length too). Lack of effect on hand – so blood no longer has H2O and Na+ in it?

Since the “free” energy demo is so full of holes, I wonder how much of the gold for the cancer experiments ended up at his home.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Because I am genetically obligated to beat some dead horses... :eek:

Looks like the "flame" is not a flame at all but is simply flourescence of the sodium vapor above the test tube (table salt is NaCl, remember.) The frequency of his RF generator is the same as the spectral D line of sodium.

He has basically built a lamp...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:
but dude may be on to something though.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts