Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years, it's been a given that 99% of the time, the gold bowtie was for bigger trucks/vans, the blue bowtie was for pickups and regular cars and red was normally reserved for the performance versions of the cars.

Just thinking out loud here, wouldn't you think the SS and SS/RS would have a red bowtie, based on historical reasoning? Again, simply wondering. The gold bowtie will have to go if that's the only one available. Don't get me wrong, it's ok, but it will be changed on my own car if need be (SS/RS or Z28 convertible).

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, that's the global bowtie now.
Every Chevy gets the same bowtie now, part of a global brand recognition thing.
Makes sense to me. :)
I wanna say that started in MY2006?

I don't really mind it honestly, but I think I might do something else with it anyway just for customization sake.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, that's the global bowtie now.
Every Chevy gets the same bowtie now, part of a global brand recognition thing.
Makes sense to me. :)
I wanna say that started in MY2006?

I don't really mind it honestly, but I think I might do something else with it anyway just for customization sake.
Yep, I think an "SS" will go front and center for me.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I wish I had a studio and investors to put up starter money for some of my renderings of accesories for the camaro. :BangHead:

I have a good idea for the hideaway headlights/grille assembly, custom center badge grille, gem badging to match body colors, and etc.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I wish I had a studio and investors to put up starter money for some of my renderings of accesories for the camaro. :BangHead:

I have a good idea for the hideaway headlights/grille assembly, custom center badge grille, gem badging to match body colors, and etc.
I agree, but I'm sure we might see some neat stuff in the A/M in the near future...SEMA is coming in November, and the Camaro is the "official car of SEMA 2008".....:D

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
ohhh if you make a hide away headlight assy. lmk i will get it mass produced!!
we will make millionsss!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
69 camaros had BLUE Bowties.
Not all. Just some. Granted, they had blue ones if they weren't an RS, SS or Z28 where the bowties were either replaced or removed, and so did other models in the Chevy lineup. I already mentioned that. But the blue or gold bowties were generally used on run of the mill cars and trucks later on. I'm talking about the last 20 years or so. The point is, Chevy's use of red bowties historically have been synonymous with the performance models, and when you see a red bowtie, that meant that version of the car was a hot number. I'm not worried if it is supposed to be gold or blue or red or whatever, I'm just saying that maybe the bowtie could be replaced with SS or eliminated on Z28s (hopefully they'll make them). I personally like the red bowtie thing myself.

Of course, I like the idea of being able to delete the bowtie as well for a cleaner look perhaps.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well guys... the official word is that there is no bowtie option on the camaro.... i asked myself just for this thread.
Well, damm! Ironic to have a zillion options such as accent lighting color choice but no bowtie choice....well, there's ONE aftermarket part that needs doing. The gold just isn't doing it for me. And depending on the look of the SS grille, probably end up buying an LS front fascia to get rid of that non-functional slit up front.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, damm! Ironic to have a zillion options such as accent lighting color choice but no bowtie choice....well, there's ONE aftermarket part that needs doing. The gold just isn't doing it for me. And depending on the look of the SS grille, probably end up buying an LS front fascia to get rid of that non-functional slit up front.
that and the afterburner tail lamps

·
Registered
63 Posts
... There is a lot coming from GM Accessories (and Performance Parts). As I'm sure you know, ...we are still under direction not to discuss that which has not been publicly revealed.
As someone mentioned above, ...I believe we will see a lot at SEMA, ....and I think we'll be very happy with what we see... :)

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Over the years, it's been a given that 99% of the time, the gold bowtie was for bigger trucks/vans, the blue bowtie was for pickups and regular cars and red was normally reserved for the performance versions of the cars.

Just thinking out loud here, wouldn't you think the SS and SS/RS would have a red bowtie, based on historical reasoning? Again, simply wondering. The gold bowtie will have to go if that's the only one available. Don't get me wrong, it's ok, but it will be changed on my own car if need be (SS/RS or Z28 convertible).
Can't say I agree with your gold/blue bowtie groupings above.

That said, I'm not a fan of the gold bowties. That would be one of the first mods to any new Chevy I bought :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts