Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called Cutter Chevrolet in Hawaii. I saw them on the dealers to avoid list but MY GOD I had no idea what I was in for! I got quoted 61000 over the phone for a Transformers package they had on the lot. 40-50k for a normal 1ss or 2ss. Seriously. I also asked about leadtime on a custom order and was told it was over a year. And to think... I wondered why I had yet to see a 2010 on island. There's one other dealer I'm still waiting on a quote from but it's looking hopeless. Guess I'm waiting 2 more years to get off this rock and get a z28 if they're ever made. Talk about disappointment! Worst part is, this was a phone quote. In theory they'd quote low to get you in and THEN play games.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
OMG, that's nuts :eek:

would be cheaper to order from one of the sponsors here and have it shipped.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I know one of our sponsors sold and shipped one to Alaska, so yeah, it's definitely possible. Contact any one of them and see what they can do, it'll be the best advertisement they can get really. This car belongs in the hands of those who want one in Hawaii, and what a setting to have one in! :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I know one thing I just got back from Hawaii 3 weeks ago and I only saw 2 Camaros on the street the whole time I was there and they were in honolulu. I didnt see any in Maui !!!!!! As for 2010 Mustangs ? OMFG every street corner you see a Grabber Blue or a Red 2010 mustang convertible.
I swear Ford motor company has a contract with hawaii car rentals on the Mustang and the Flex.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I know one of our sponsors sold and shipped one to Alaska, so yeah, it's definitely possible. Contact any one of them and see what they can do, it'll be the best advertisement they can get really. This car belongs in the hands of those who want one in Hawaii, and what a setting to have one in! :D
Well..difference being..one can get to Alaska by road.
Can't get to Hawaii by road. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I'd probably say it won't be worth it after the shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep...Cutter Chevy adds on an outrageous markup.

IMO that's one of the reaons why GM is in trouble...greedy dealers.

If the other dealer you are waiting for is JN, good luck. I'm waiting for them also... Hahahahahahaahah!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are a few guys in the local Corvette club who flew all the way to Wisconson to purchase the '08 Z06...JN quoted them 90k, the dealer on the mainland quoted them in the 60's(??)

The shipping to Hawaii isn't that bad. It'll only add an additional $1000 to $1500. So if you're willing to spend $1500 for airfare/hotel (take a mini-vacation) + another $1500 shipping (tops ... from Long Beach, CA that is)...you'll still come out $8000 - $10000 cheaper than buying the car locally here...

I've done alot of research and have been seriously considering doing this.

Aloha!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
If you really want a Camaro, it 's worth to do that. Do you think so?:thumbsup::5go:

Thats what im saying. Any car over there is going to cost a lot. IF you want a vette add a little more dough to get it since they do raise the price since shipping is more.
If you want a car then pay the money and get it over there. It's not as much as you think of getting it.
even better buy one from Eric or Scotty on here and have it shipped over there. its only a few thousand to even get it over there in the long run you will get it cheaper if you do it that way.

A friend of mine just moved over there and had his Mustang Gt shipped over there from Texas I dont remember what it was but I was suprised at the cost meaning how much cheaper It was than I thought.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Yep...Cutter Chevy adds on an outrageous markup.

IMO that's one of the reaons why GM is in trouble...greedy dealers.

If the other dealer you are waiting for is JN, good luck. I'm waiting for them also... Hahahahahahaahah!!!!!
Not this again...

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
There are a few guys in the local Corvette club who flew all the way to Wisconson to purchase the '08 Z06...JN quoted them 90k, the dealer on the mainland quoted them in the 60's(??)

The shipping to Hawaii isn't that bad. It'll only add an additional $1000 to $1500. So if you're willing to spend $1500 for airfare/hotel (take a mini-vacation) + another $1500 shipping (tops ... from Long Beach, CA that is)...you'll still come out $8000 - $10000 cheaper than buying the car locally here...

I've done alot of research and have been seriously considering doing this.

Aloha!
Wisconsin is the place to go for sure! UNREAL prices on corvettes!

I'll work with you to get that car out there! :5go:

If I can get a car to Fairbanks Alaska, I can do Hawaii!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts