Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all.
I have gone and done it.I said I would.
I have dropped the Z/28 off for the major Redo...

I have cut the first check and here are some pre tear down photos....:lol::5go:

I normally don't share anything but the finished product, but you guys asked for the work in progress.. I will post it as it happens.......The end results,trust me , will be sweet...Parts are being ordered this week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Congrats for taking the Plung, Look forward to seeing the Progress!!!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I like the last pict reminds me of so cal...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.it hurts to show the dirty pictures, but this is a progress and build thread....

I will redeem myself in the end with the final photos.

Then it is off to the Autocross,car shows, Power tours, and Hopefully COM in 2012...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guapo... It is near the water in the bay area in 1985....The two car pictures are from 1985, and the shop pictures are from today....More in the next few weeks....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Love the pics, man! And say what ya want, but she looks pretty good even sittin up on that lift! Just needs a little degreaser. :D She looked good with the American Racing wheels, too. Those were my favorites back in those days. Wish I could find a set for our Torino GT.

I'm gonna be watchin this thread anxiously. :thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More info....I just talked to David Pozzi, of The Pozzi racing Family, about the set up on my car....very cool guy.

I was getting some autocross advice on setting up my car.

Very cool that he got back to me....

oxbill..I ran those american racing wheels on the original Radial T/a's......Nobody else had radials yet..All Biased ply.

Biased Ply tires ? I am so old...hahahaha. right there with rotary phones

Any thoughts on Wheels other than Rushforth's ? I love the black 18", but at 3 grand, it pays to look at other options.....Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hey Bucket, don't ever rule out Foose wheels. I've never bought them, nor have I priced them, but a lot of 1st and 2nd Gen people run Foose rims.

As for the pictures, it looks awesome. I look forward to seeing more work in progress, and if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to ask, or shoot me a PM. I know the headache of restoring an old car, but in the end, it's Priceless!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
New update is I am getting a photo shopped version from Jason at Rushforth wheels , to narrow my choice between the Livewires, or the Super spokes..
I am feeling the Black Satin Super spokes with the polished lip and 18" fronts , and 19" rears.
Yes, I sure am...

Ordering next week.

The car is being torn down right now, and new parts are already in shop...

News at eleven......Or as I get it...

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bucky,

Those are the super spokes in black, with the polished lip.

Jason is actually photo shopping my car with both the Live wires in Black, and the Super Spokes for me to look at. Great customer service, you were right.

But I think I have made up my mind, but I will have the photo shop stuff by Tuesday.

And you know I will post it for last minute opinions next week.

Bucky, you recommended some great wheels to look at. I kept coming back to Jason. All the cars that I liked, Jade , Brian Finch, The Black 69 i showed you, the red one i showed you..All Rushforth's....

This Guy is running 19 and 20", but you get the look I am after....

Oh, you can call me Mike.....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks Hotrod...

You can call me Mike, too.:thumbsup:

Yes, I have gone off the deep end...

I will update more photos next Friday. Also the guy is doing a build thread that we will be able to access.he may have even better pictures.

Yes, Bucky got me hooked on the custom look...:cool:

Saving where I can..Love the Corbeau seats, and they are a lot less money than the Sparco's..

Realize now that the can of worms is open..Now i am looking at replacing the gauge set up...oh, no, i am replacing the set up.When, only the dollar knows....:confused:

Then, i will have the Brakes and handling to test my HP....Could actually be enough for me..:gears:
But if not.......Dollars into horsepower telethon.....:violin:
P.S. This was my car when i got her in 1983, then in 1985

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
So the original color was that Lime green met.? If so, I had a '72 Malibu in the same scheme. Black vinyl top and all. I had to change it as well. Just too much green! Even the interior was dark green!

Bill

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Too funny Bill.

That was the look, green with the Vinyl top.. Not a bad look, just not for me. the thing was that a lot of the Lime green cars had lower mileage than other cars. Mine had 70k miles when I got her. A true Black and white Z/28, was usually beat and abused..

I made sure mine had black interior. That Lime green was bad. I used to just wipe it with a cloth...Just Windex the windows and the paint.Wax would not help....

No washing.The shine was always the same...Dull.

We both know ,you cannot treat Black paint like that...It must be treated right. But the shine is worth it.

Yes Bill, it is order of the black 2012. I just could not find a wheel that I was comfortable spending all that money on.

It was polished or brushed, and this or that...I love the wheels I am buying so here goes.

Mike V.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Glad it's happening. looks good so far.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts