Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I met this guy (I offered to help him cut down some trees for wood) many years ago. He had a Chevy pickup and an old Suzuki. Cool I thought. We like Chevy's and bikes. Fast forward a year and his truck gets stolen. he buys a Ford :confused: and another and another. You see where this is going.... I don't really care what others drive. I have what I want. :D
It is all good with me if you are the type that can appreciate the other guy just likes something different.

So my riding buddy finally gets himself something fun to drive (something that is not a truck! No offense to those who bleed trucks) and we decide to take them out instead of the bikes for the weekly romp. :D

Everywhere we stopped it was pretty cool. Just two of us but people would come up and start conversations about the cars, the Ford/Chevy rivalry, the muscle car brotherhood etc etc...

It was a Chevy Sunday! A bit tough on my buddy as the Camaro was the hit at all the stops. The last blow came at the last stop. The gal that works there and chats with us all the time about the bikes, came out and said, "Whoa nice!" My buddy said something to her I didn't hear and she replies, "Yeah but I'm a Chevy girl" !! :thumbsup:

and so the rivalry/brotherhood continues....

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Awesome! I like to see friendly rivalries like this.

I love the 69 Mustangs and the 69 Camaros, it would be hard to decide between the 2. But the new generations are different for me, the Mustang is a nice car, and I really like it, but I LOVE the Camaro. Again it all comes down to personal choices.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool story man. It just goes to show we can all get along. But it still hurts when someone talks about your car and not your buddys. LOL
Well, he is thick skinned like me and can take it.... He gets the same **** when we are on the bikes.... :confused: I dunno, I have better taste? :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I grew up on Chevy’s, my dad and my brother were huge Chevy fans. I have always loved Chevy’s myself, but I also have always loved some Fords...namely the Mustang, old Cougar’s, T-Birds and we can’t forgot the Galaxy 500 and the Torino. All companies make something that I would want and for that I have never been a brand loyalist. I buy what I like in the price range that I can afford.

Having said that I think the best rivalry out there is the Camaro and Mustang. They are pony cars that have always been direct competitors though the Mustang has won out more times than Chevy cares to admit until now that is. This Camaro is so much better than the S197 platform and certainly looks much better than the 10+ Mustangs. I had a 2007 GT and that style looked fantastic, but with the 10’s Ford just ruined it! However, Chevy has missed the boat on the infotainment system…no NAV…come on really? Ford’s use of Synch and Sirius’ Travel Link is awesome!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Saw a 2013 5.0 GT yesterday at the dealer. Ford hit a "Home Run" with the 2013 style changes. Chevy/Camaro need's to up there game now. I've never owned a Ford but this new one could have swung me if I hadn't bought my 2012 SS.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two great cars....two great friends...you've been blessed!!
:thumbsup: More than is obvious. It is a rare thing to find a rider that you can trust implicitly. And I mean without ANY shred of doubt that he will never do anything to jeopardize you on the road. Whether it is cutting your apex, a crazy pass or a standup wheelie thru town...

I have only ridden with 2 such street riders in my entire 36 year riding career.

Now I get to enjoy the same level of confidence when bombing around in the SS! :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I grew up on Chevy’s, my dad and my brother were huge Chevy fans. I have always loved Chevy’s myself, but I also have always loved some Fords...namely the Mustang, old Cougar’s, T-Birds and we can’t forgot the Galaxy 500 and the Torino. All companies make something that I would want and for that I have never been a brand loyalist. I buy what I like in the price range that I can afford.

Having said that I think the best rivalry out there is the Camaro and Mustang. They are pony cars that have always been direct competitors though the Mustang has won out more times than Chevy cares to admit until now that is. This Camaro is so much better than the S197 platform and certainly looks much better than the 10+ Mustangs. I had a 2007 GT and that style looked fantastic, but with the 10’s Ford just ruined it! However, Chevy has missed the boat on the infotainment system…no NAV…come on really? Ford’s use of Synch and Sirius’ Travel Link is awesome!
My favorite Fords. I like 65 Galaxy 500s, 55-57 and 64-66 T-birds and 69 Mustang Mach 1's.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I like both cars, but sometimes I like the look of the Challenger a little bit better than the Camaro.:confused:
I like the Challenger and Mustang, too... Just never more than the Camaro. :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Nice. Try being married to a FoMoCo fan. That's always fun :D. Wife has 2 Fords I have 2.7 GM's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts