Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search, didn't see the topic...

most of us agree that there will be at least 2 V8 options...and it'll most likely be the SS and the z/28. one will be the mass produced v8 and the other will be a limited production model.

but who will get Top Dog?

looking at the corvette...you have you mass produced base V8, and your billybadass limited production Z06. with that thought, i'd think the Z28 should be the LP V8 model (to follow the "Z" designation) and the SS your more basic V8 model.

but...

looking at Vette rumors of the Stingray...or Corvette SS. if chevy builds this Vette SS...it'll put the Z06 as the middle child of the corvette family. then the Camaro SS will get top dog without a doubt.

or....

will there be 2 limited productions? a high performance camaro SS and street machine z/28?

thoughts? :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
I agree with the two of you. We need to basically leave the SS where it is in the lineup, not water it down (like the 4th gen Z28), but have it very well equipped and visibly different from the base car, then move Z28 up to a Z06 style GT500 fighter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I like the look of the ss emblem so I think the top dog should be the ss because it stands for super sport in case you all forgot I have not seen a z-28 emblem that looks as good as the ss emblem

1 - 20 of 53 Posts