Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a lot of fast Camaros out there this year, two old school (195mph and another at 217), and a couple 5th Gens (204, and the MTI car was over 200, but I don't know what his speed was). I just finished processing the photos and uploading the raw videos, I'll be working on a compilation during the next week. Our guys had a great shootout, Art in car 55 won the weekend with a 191.3 and Arnold (our previous speed leader) was second with a 191.1 on his last run.

Everyone can download anything ya want from my sites for posters, desktops, etc... enjoy.

The pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/belangerkr/TX_Mile_Mar_2011#

The videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSYSADM

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
any bad wrecks?
Yeah, one. The Hinson Motorsports Turbo C6 Vette got sideways at over 200 and flipped once into the grass. Car is destroyed, driver jumped out and was fine. You can see the whole thing on their website, they will be rebuilding a C5 to race again :D (On a good note, they did get the Texas Mile Corvette record the day before, doing the standing mile at over 224 MPH on a low-boost run) :eek: They were easily on their way to something between 240 - 250 in that Vette :bowdown:

The LMR 4th Gen ended up doing 239 on 20" rims, they're looking for 250 at the next event.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
That the driver was able to walk away from something like this is definitely a testament to the hard work put into making that 'Vette a safe ride.

Well...that and a little luck never hurts.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shoulda rode on something other than the stock wheels on that vette!!!
They were actually widened wheels, cut, spacer added, weld, etc... The welds held but the spokes did not, still not sure if the spokes broke first or if they broke on impact after the roll, the found rim wasn't "tacoed" so leads me to think the spokes broke first and separated the rim. But yeah, here's to luck :cheers:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Version 1 of the compilation video is now uploading to You-Tube on my channel...it moves pretty fast, and gives an overall good view of this event. I should be finished with the final reslts by next week at this time, for now, this is the basis. The DVD version will include music and comments as I've done in the past with this event video :D

Edit: Finished

1 - 11 of 11 Posts