Modern Camaro Forums banner

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

3K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  SSmoothie 
#1 ·
I just wanna know for all of you that already got the car... how the heck did you wait for it. I ordered my 2lt on monday and i already think of the car all day and can barely sleep at night. What got you through the wait??

#4 ·
I ordered my Camaro RJT 2SS on July 3rd. I am so, so. I know I have about 3 months to wait. But I am trying to keep focused on what I ordered and not get distracted by second best. I look at a vehicle when I am buying, if it grabs me. But then I don't buy vehicles out of state and try to get ittagged and inspected in Virginia. I went through a headacke last year when the truck I had, broke down in GA and the dealer didn't have the parts to fix it, had to buy a new truck.

#6 ·
The wait is starting to drive me crazy.
I was doing fine, but then my car was built and the dealer said it could be delivered last week. Come to find out this week that it is still sitting at the factory waiting to be shipped. Ugh...

Hopefully next week.

#9 ·
Ordered our on 7-15-09. The factory picked it up on 7-21. I'm not sure what that means. I'm guessing it a good sign. It's a Black on Black 2ss/rs A6. I ordered it with the sun roof. Say a little prayer it comes in before the cash for clunkers program end so I can get 4500 for my old POS

#21 ·
If you mean the order will be delayed and youll get it in august, then thats less than six weeks. six weeks is the very end of august beginning of september. Unless you meant that they wont start making it or sending the order until august, then thats a different story. Im going to call monday to get my order number or whatever its called. Hopefully 1 week is enough notice to get that number.

#18 ·
Just keep think im fixing to get a new CAMARO then breathe and repeat. Just think the closer it gets then you will start dreaming about it.........Then when you get THE call don't even think about sleeping that night cause you probably won't. All in all it is soooo worth the wait :5go:

#22 · (Edited)
Finally took delivery 7/30/09

Ordered mine on 5/30/09 Finally took delivery 7/30/09 It was 9 weeks to the day. RJT SS2/6sp man. w/Black Rally strips, 20" Polished Rims. Dealer was real good about keeping me alerted to the production schedule. Contacted me as soon as it arrived on the truck 7/30/09. I got there just as they were finishing installing the strips. Signed all the paper work and I was on the road.
Never looked back.... Need those 500 miles quickly. :thumbsup:

Fly low and avoid the radar... :lol:

seherr

#29 ·
I ordered on 5/23. Just got the TPW on Friday for 8/17. So I will hopefully see the car the beginning of September. The wait is getting harder. I've been driving the same car for 10 years during which time my wife has gone through 3 new cars in that time. (My choice though, as I have always wanted her to have a newer car) I just try to remember many people have waited far longer then I have.

#30 ·
New Order :)

I Placed my order yesterday 08/03/2009 :)
Its a 2LT, RS Package, Rally Yellow Black Strips, Automatic.

I am glad I found these forums to help kill the time hehe

#32 ·
I just talked to my dealer today and he said the car crossed the border and is waiting to get on a truck. I'll have it in 1-4 days! :runaround:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.