Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AT fair price that is. took my usally sunday drive by some car lots and what do i found pontiac dealers with 5 or 6 g8 still left over.

one dealer had 08 out front 3 or them and was hiding 09 out back not to hurt the sell of the 08 i guess.

the economy bad gas prices still high they wont push their luck if you ask me.

as long as they make enough of them, at first may be tight but they should sell for a fair price or they will lose me as a customer.

new mustang, honda will have something, hyundai 300 hp rwd under 25g mt etc.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Of course there will be options, there will ALWAYS be options. The thing with the Camaro IMO is going to be marketing. GM has to, just HAS to market the hell out of the V6 models. Get rid of the gas thirsty stigma associated with this Car.

When I see ads for the Challenger, all I see is BIG POWERFUL CAR and automatically people will think, GAS GUZZLER! Even now, when I posted pictures of the production model Camaro on another forum most people were complaing, without even knowing, about MPG. "oh I bet it gets sh1t mpg's" etc etc. Really, I don't know how but some how they're going to have to get rid of that image. Most people don't even think or consider the fact that there are V6 options.

If GM is reading this, market the MPG of the V6, hell just market the V6 alone. V8 buyers don't need the marketing, they know what they want. GM has to convince V6 buyers, not us V8 buyers.

I can see a good commercial, showing off the good looks and good interior and focusing on the MPG's of the V6... beating it into the consuers head, and at the end mention the HP that comes along with it to add a little "wow" factor to it all.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
When I see ads for the Challenger, all I see is BIG POWERFUL CAR and automatically people will think, GAS GUZZLER!
Speaking of, has anyone seen any actual TV commercials for this car yet? I haven't.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
GM seems to be marketing the hell out of their cars now. Saying how well they do on MPGs. I just saw a truck ad saying that all trucks can do this and do that but Chevy can do it using less gas. Pretty good IMO
I am sure they will do the same for Camaro.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As much as I LOVE the G8, pontiac just did not market the vehicle well...and no matter what way we twist it and are hoping most dealers will price the camaro fairly...NO hype in my lifetime has been for a vehicle, such as this....subsequently, I think even with gas prices and economy this vehicle will still sell to some suckers for over msrp

however, also with that said...I DO believe with the economy the gouging will not last as long as..ehh lets say if this vehicle had been released years ago.. but i still believe the hype and passion behind this car ..we will still see gougers at least until summer time. I believe the TRULY reasonable/fair prices for the coupe will start to roll in when the vert hits lots.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I saw a Hyundai Genesis V8 priced at 30K: 8k below sticker price. It was gone the next day.

I also saw a couple Charger SRT's at 33K. Desperate? I think so.

At my local dealership there's about a dozen G8 GT's out there for under 28K. Is 25 MPG THAT BAD? Not really, since average commute is under 50 miles a day. Even 21 MPG for the Tahoe/ Silverado/Tukon/Sierra XFE's are pretty swell.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
nobody says you have too, im just saying there will be options.
Lorcin's point is that buying a Hyundai is not an option....and I am in full agreement on that.:patriot:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw a Hyundai Genesis V8 priced at 30K: 8k below sticker price. It was gone the next day.

I also saw a couple Charger SRT's at 33K. Desperate? I think so.

At my local dealership there's about a dozen G8 GT's out there for under 28K. Is 25 MPG THAT BAD? Not really, since average commute is under 50 miles a day. Even 21 MPG for the Tahoe/ Silverado/Tukon/Sierra XFE's are pretty swell.

You have to remember that a person who is going to buy a Hyundai is not the type of person who would ever consider a G8; those are two completely different markets. In this economy anything less then 30 is a joke, hence the reason why GM pushes there 30 MPG campaign and will now get into the market at 45 MPG with the new Cruise in 2011 and Volt ect. The Camaro on the other hand is a special segment of the market similar to the Corvette or Toyota Supra. Everyone has to get out of that old "gear head" mentality that all you want is a high horsepower fast mussle car, its all about MPG. Less then 10% of the market cares about speed, its all about overall performance and quality with attention on MPG. I hate to say it but your living in the past if you think automakers are going to pump out large high performance engines with low MPG.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the point i was trying to make was, the newer care are now more future looking more streamlined more aero etc.

in the new gm commerical if you look close it ends with some type of saturn new model.

the cars are becoming more future looking so there will be all kind of opitions.

even suzuki has a space age looking car.

just hope the camaro is priced to sell i will never pay over msrp, i am hoping to use my gms discount, may have to wait for the 1st ones on their block to pass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.