Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, new to the forum and hoping to learn a lot about the new ss as much as possible. I currently drive a 2005 pontiac gto 6-speed, and its an awesome car but I think I need to get back into my true car (first three cars were third gens) and since the ls3 is a way better motor than the ls2.... that gives me even more reason to do so!

anyway, ive sat in a 1LT at the dealership and noticed the car is a lot lower and windows a lot smaller than i originally thought. how is this for visibility when driving down the road and in traffic?

ive also read that there were a bunch of cars comming off the line with stupid things wrong with them, ie: trim pieces loose etc. have any of yall had the same issues?

does the new camaro have excessive wheel hop on stock suspension at the track or on hard launches like the gto does?

what car did you own before the ss, and how do you like the ss compared to it?

thanks everyone.... id really appreciate the input! :thumbsup:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Welcome to :5go: from New Jersey i dont know the answer to any of your questions cus i didnt order mine yer

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Welcome to the site. I've had my SS for about a week...and I 'EFFIN LOVE IT. :cool:

There are a few former GTO owners here who now have Camaro's...so I'm sure you'll get some comparisons.

As for the visibility...I've gotten use to it already, it's worse looking out the back (like if you're backing up) than the front.

The only issue I have with mine is the dealer installed rally stripes...which are either getting re-done or painted on. YES, there have been some little issues here and there and a few not-so little issues that have been dealt with by GM...but ALL makes/models have some issues, and that's why there's warranties. It's not realistic to expect every Camaro to be 100% perfect. Unfortunately in today's interweb age, some little issues get exaggerated and blown out of proportion.

I have not heard of any issues with wheel-hop. The suspension is not the same as the GTO.

I 'effin love my car (did I say that already?)....that is all. :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The only issue I have with mine is the dealer installed rally stripes...which are either getting re-done or painted on.
My vote is painted!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My vote is painted!
Depends on how much they're gonna charge me...My dealer had a body shop that put them on in the first place...gonna put that option out there and see what they say.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The visibility when driving down the road and in traffic is a little challenging at first, but you will get used to it. My rear view is fine. The blind spots from the small rear windows take some getting used to also.

I've had no major issues with my 1SS with 600 miles. I've got a minor knocking sound coming from it sounds like the clutch when pulling away in first gear. Sounds like a loud tick. I'll keep an eye on that.

I owned a 2008 350Z before the Camaro. No comparison in power, the SS engine blows the Z away. I do miss the handling of the Z. It turns on a dime, but that's what it was made for. The SS is a bigger car, so I'll sacrifice handling for the extra power. Does that make me a power junkie? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
you definitely get used to the visibility. at first i thought it had some blind spots, but after adjusting my mirrors there are none going down the road. backing out of a parking spot next to a big SUV might be hard cuz the Cpillar is kinda thick. but i don't park anywhere near other cars so i don't have that problem.

we have had had any problems with our Camaro so far.

our 05 GTO had terrible wheelhop. the Camaro has none. it's awesome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i was thinking about making the gto a 700rwhp car with all the drive train and suspension goodies... but maybe a new camaro with an exhaust will be just as nice :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts