Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is sexy from the outside. but when i saw the interior shot i was very disappointed. why such a half ass interior. i mean it looks like a next gen sunfire interior for goodness sake. i look at European and import cars and their interiors are so ergonomic. i even like the mustang interior better than this one. im sorry guys i want this car bad but chev has to refresh the interior in the next production year. i know they are playing the retro card but its not a good retro. its more like jeff foxworthy retro, not retro cool. my brother had the 98 Z28 and this interior is not that far away from that. just looks like they tried to be new school hip, but they failed.im sorry guys i just feel let down i've been so ready to buy this car and then this. look at the Nissan GTR interior, everything is there and looks awesome. this not so much. i know i just said fightin words.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome to the site, friend. In the world of mass production it's hard to please everybody. Given your dislike for the interior, apparently the rest of the car's attributes are positive or you wouldn't have signed up here. ;)

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Dude...Are you crazy? Did you see the IBM thread with the interior shots? That interior is hot. The seats look amazing, the door panels are very nice looking. The ONE thing I'll give you on criticism of the interior is the guages...Well not so much tha gauges, as the bezel that's around them (it looks cheap). That will probably be painted body color with quickness for me.

You know what would look awesome? Take the car in Jonz sig. Put an interior similar to that in the IBM thread, but instead of beige, use the burgundy leather they're putting in the C6s...Mmmm mmm tastey.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
No, not fighten words...you're entitled to your opinion. We've had our fair share of fighten-doom-and-gloomers here these last several months...and because you actually posted a 2nd time and didn't run away, I don't think you're one of them.:rolleyes:

Which interior shots have you looked at? Is it possible you were looking at the test-car interior and not the production car interior. I agree with Devryn...those latest interior shots are pretty sexy. The only parts I'm not crazy about are the steering wheel and the radio-heater control center. I like the seats, door panels and the gauges. I think over-all it's a lot nicer than the 'stang for sure.:thumbsup: I'm bettin' that once you're actually sitting in one, you wont hate it so much.;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
See for yourself first!

I may not be getting a new camaro, but I really think they did a fantastic job with the interior, and I have seen it in person. By the way, the Nissan GTR is a whole nother ball game financially, not even close to compare with the Camaro. The way the lines sweep around the dash to the doors and out the back are well thought out and purposeful. It has just the right amount of form and function.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
By the way, the Nissan GTR is a whole nother ball game financially, not even close to compare with the Camaro.
:agree::agree:
good point...if you're gonna throw that comparison into the argument, you gotta stick to cars in the same class and price-range.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Welcome to the Site!

But on the interior, I couldn't disagree with you more. I think they did a perfect job with it by sticking very close to the concept. It's high quality and highly-functional. Just the way it should be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I want to see a production SS2/RS......no please not another concept 6 banger Camaro. In particular I want to see the finished dash. Is this asking for to much?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I want to see a production SS2/RS......no please not another concept 6 banger Camaro. In particular I want to see the finished dash. Is this asking for to much?
No...Uh...Considering everything you just asked for is a reality. The 2SS/RS is an option, and it's definately not a 6 cyl...And the interior is finished and there are pictures all over the net...

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I'm not too much of a fan of the interior either. I was hoping for a non retro interior. I don't like the dash and gauges at all, but the rest is OK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The side view of the interior looks OK. I don;t think I like the Speedo or the Tach. Is this the finished product or still the concept?

You guy can get mad at me I just don't think this looks like a $38,000 car dash!!!! I have my opinion......I have a $1000 deposit on a SS2/RS.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
The side view of the interior looks OK. I don;t think I like the Speedo or the Tach. Is this the finished product or still the concept?

You guy can get mad at me I just don't think this looks like a $38,000 car dash!!!! I have my opinion......I have a $1000 deposit on a SS2/RS.
It's pre-production.
We won't know what the finished product looks like until there is a finished product.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am not sure i like the whole dash set up either. I am getting use to it though. The only think I would really love to change out is the **** radio. I hate that ugly video game controller looking thing. From the looks of it, it doesnt look like i will be able to go aftermarket. But oh well. It is a chevy and not a caddy so it will do. I do like the everything else though. Does it have Ipod connection?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I am not sure i like the whole dash set up either. I am getting use to it though. The only think I would really love to change out is the **** radio. I hate that ugly video game controller looking thing. From the looks of it, it doesnt look like i will be able to go aftermarket. But oh well. It is a chevy and not a caddy so it will do. I do like the everything else though. Does it have Ipod connection?
There are companies that make aftermarket stereos that look almost exactly like the OEM stuff.
So never say never.

You mean a MP3 player plugin port?
Considering the G5 has one, I'm pretty certain the Camaro will.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
There are companies that make aftermarket stereos that look almost exactly like the OEM stuff.
So never say never.

You mean a MP3 player plugin port?
Considering the G5 has one, I'm pretty certain the Camaro will.

I could have sworn it's supposed to have a usb thingie.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts