Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been talking to this girl for about a month. Her names Megan... she's 18. Very sweet girl like 5'5, dark brown hair, super cute, thin, nice chest, all that. She lives about 20 minutes away from me, and she has this dance thing she's always in so I've only got to see her once, but we texted a lot and talked on the phone a few times a week. Things were going great, we had plans to see each other a few times over the holidays and get to know each other face to face or whatever.

So on Friday, she tells me her and her best friend have found me a Christmas gift, which I thought was really sweet, but I wasn't expecting it, and now I have to get her one, which wasn't really too bad. But here's my ordeal, I have met her once... buying her a Christmas gift already? So I thought whatever, I'll just get her some really cheap earings or a necklace with a small diamond or whatever... I didn't want to spend more than $30-40, and even that was too much.

So I am friends with one of her girlfriends and I asked her girlfriend what she might like for Christmas, and there was one thing that she really wanted. It was a "Tiffany's Keys" necklace. They are very expensive, some over $1,000. I thought it was ridiculous that her friend was even suggesting that. But then her friend tells me that she loves one of the necklaces that is ONLY $50. So, I figured I'd splurge a little bit because I really like this girl. So I texted her and told her she was really going to like the gift I was getting her and she guessed it was that necklace. So I go to the website to order it, and to my suprise I find that the chain the necklace goes on is $50, the key that hangs on the necklace is $125... so $175. I told myself that was WAYYYY to much to spend on a girl that I hardly know and I told Megan that she would like the gift, but it wouldn't be that necklace. So Megan tells me if I got it she would probably cry and love me forever, all that bullsh*t, and that she had wanted one since she was 14. I told her I just couldn't bring myself to do it, any sane person would understand, but she got upset!!! She told me that if I didn't buy it for her, that her ex boyfriend (who is stalking her) would gladly buy it for her to win her back (her ex boyfriend was abusive and a daddy's boy, daddy gives him all his money, even bought him an '08 Z06). I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" She was serious! How f'd up is that? I told her if she was my girlfriend, and we had been dating for awhile, I'd probably get one, you know suprise her with one, but I can't bring myself to buy her a $175 necklace after meeting her once. She responded to that with a "Whatever" and told me she was watching Gossip Girl and to leave her be. So I did. When she texts me tomorrow I won't be texting back.

What a (beep). ****, she was hot though...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
the whole situation sucks but... STAY AWAY and ull be fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
What her number is?...

Just playing of course.

Good man though, laid down the law.
Said girl best make me a sammich for I hand over the jewelry. She didn't deliver, no jewelry. Its how things should be. :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STAY AWAY and ull be fine :thumbsup:
Harder said than done :(

Part of me just wanted to get that necklace, I might have had a long night :)D) but I probably would have never heard from her again after that lol. It's so wierd because she was so thoughtful and great for the whole month and then tonight she showed me a side that I never thought I'd see from her! Probably because she's used to getting her way. I've been used to much to fall into the trap of giving them jewelery without hardly knowing them lol. On the brightside, I have $175 more to put into my Camaro :)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
shes a gold digger and only going to be problems...ill be honest most gorgous woman are only hot on the outside and total wack jobs on the inside, if she really liked you for you she wouldnt be expecting anything....Run dont walk away.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
shes a gold digger and only going to be problems.......Run dont walk away.
X2 if she expects a 175$ gift this early wait until you get some time in you'll be having to buy $1000+ gifts every holiday and every 6 month anniversary. Go to give her an engagement ring and unless she see's the price is close to 5K she'll probably use the "my ex-would get it for me" line. I would have told her, well call him up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good points. You guys want to hear something really funny? She didn't even know what a Camaro was before I had met her! Lol. An 18 year old American that doesn't know the name "Camaro"... that is VERY sad. Granted she is not a car girl in the least, but still, how do you not know that name?!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Is she in HS because she sounds like it.

I knew a girl that was baby sitting a few streets over. In my neighborhood they don't pave the roads so we took my car out for some snow drifts and we passed the house a couple times. A few moments later she's calling me to stay the F away from her and her BF was outside trying to fight us lol.

Chicks are crazy, move on bro.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
If anything you buy an inexpensive gift first and if you start dating then you go up in price for a gift.... Good job for no letting her walk over you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
shes a gold digger and only going to be problems...ill be honest most gorgous woman are only hot on the outside and total wack jobs on the inside, if she really liked you for you she wouldnt be expecting anything....Run dont walk away.
I concur!

She's waving the first of many red flags, and I'm glad you saw it. She is being materialistic and manipulative. Let her go back to her ex-boyfriend and be a potential punching bag. Years down the road, she won't be so hot anymore. I'd say keep looking, and you'll find a better woman out there! There are many good young women out there. Word of advice, "Sometimes it's the not so hot chicks/plain Janes that blossom into true knockouts!" ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
If she REALLY wanted one since she was 14 she would have saved up for it and got it her own **** self.

And I agree with sdoom. I used to work with this one girl who was honestly the most beautiful girl I've ever personally know. She was nice and all...to begin with. But a few months later she revealed herself to be a total and complete fruit loop. And by that I mean bat**** insane. By THAT I mean take her to a cabin out in the mountains for the weekend and you'll wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is she in HS because she sounds like it.

I knew a girl that was baby sitting a few streets over. In my neighborhood they don't pave the roads so we took my car out for some snow drifts and we passed the house a couple times. A few moments later she's calling me to stay the F away from her and her BF was outside trying to fight us lol.

Chicks are crazy, move on bro.
Yeah lol. She's a senior and I am a freshman in college... you hit it right on the head lol.

Amen to that man, now let's see if I can find one that isn't crazy...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I concur!

She's waving the first of many red flags, and I'm glad you saw it. She is being materialistic and manipulative. Let her go back to her ex-boyfriend and be a potential punching bag. Years down the road, she won't be so hot anymore. I'd say keep looking, and you'll find a better woman out there! There are many good young women out there. Word of advice, "Sometimes it's the not so hot chicks/plain Janes that blossom into true knockouts!" ;)
Hey, a Wisconsonite! Cheers to the snow, huh!?

Me too! I've been used several times by women before (who hasn't nowadays). I've had four relationships now in six months. Picking up girls is never hard, finding one that's a keeper, that's a whole different thing. I guess I keep hoping that maybe there is a beautiful and caring and smart girl out there for me, but everytime I think I have found that girl, something like this happens lol. I think Megan isn't used to being told "no" by boyfriends, but I am smarter than she thinks... and my Camaro could use the money a lot more than she could...
I know a lot of plain Janes that I could really be happy with compatability wise, but they just aren't attractive at all to me :(

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What a (beep). ****, she was hot though...
Run - Don't walk. Run I say. Plenty of fish in the sea. Even when it frozen in the winter.

Props where props are due. You recognize the "nonsense" as a freshman in college. Good for you. Now just keep that mindset the rest of your life, and the "right one" will find you!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Hey, a Wisconsonite! Cheers to the snow, huh!?

Me too! I've been used several times by women before (who hasn't nowadays). I've had four relationships now in six months. Picking up girls is never hard, finding one that's a keeper, that's a whole different thing. I guess I keep hoping that maybe there is a beautiful and caring and smart girl out there for me, but everytime I think I have found that girl, something like this happens lol. I think Megan isn't used to being told "no" by boyfriends, but I am smarter than she thinks... and my Camaro could use the money a lot more than she could...
I know a lot of plain Janes that I could really be happy with compatability wise, but they just aren't attractive at all to me :(
It might be time to lower your standards then, man. Almost all of the coolest chicks I've known were "plain Janes".

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
yeah, that's definitely a girl to run from. if this is how she is before you're even "together" it doesn't look good for the future... run fast!

·
Registered
897 Posts
It might be time to lower your standards then, man. Almost all of the coolest chicks I've known were "plain Janes".
Its not about lowering standards, its more about patience that you'll find the right combination of attributes that you will find attractive. One day he will find the "plain Jane" girl that is attractive to him. Its all about the right combination of attributes.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That girl is trying to just use you. Take it from a girl. . . Run very fast. When your with someone you can consider that gift but never pitch a fit like a three year old. Ive never known a good Megan. Better luck next time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts