Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok let me start off with im next in the chute for my order to be built. I ordered OCT08.

Well my dealer calls me and tells me he has a 1LT red RS that he bought from a dealer that was shut down by GM. I had $1000 down when I held my spot I was going to put down another $2000. He was selling the car at MSRP so I said go ahead and run the numbers for financing the rest.

Heres the crazy part. I understand the economy is doing bad right now and due to the X my credit is not the best but they told me I would have to put
$3800 down and I would be paying $780 a month for 72 months at 26% interest. That is insane and I let them know that. Who in their right mind would ever pay that I didn t even try to figure out exactly what the total would have been but OMG thats crazy.

Now im not even sure I am going to keep my order:mad:.. The general manager told me to use Credit Sweep but I dont even know the first thing about these companies that fix credit. They are charging $300 to try and fix it no guarantee. So here I sit hearing how people are now getting their cars and I have been waiting for almost 3 yrs for this and now it doesn t look like I will be able to get mine.:mad:..If you have any advice for me on this situation im all ears. :5go:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Some advice

Go to MYfico.com for $15 you can see your score and they have some tools that can tell you what's worth doing to improve your score.

Join a credit union , CU's serve them members while banks and finance cos are more profit driven. The smaller the credit union the better, they might be harder up for loans. MOst CU's have membership restrictions put if a relative belongs or belonged they will likely take you as a member. Try SanAntonio Federal Credit Union.

If that fails get someone that loves you co-sign , but don't unless your sure you won't let them down. I have Credit Union and insurance background , IM me if have any questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was the financing they ran for you on a 1LT?

Have you applied for credit with anyone else?

That was $56,000+ over 6 years. :lol:

Nice deal....for them.
Yeah they applied with 4 banks that I know of and thats what the final offer was.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
**** man 26% I didnt think that was legal... maybe only in TX, max here is 18% which is still outrageous. have you tried to lendingtree or a credit union or your own bank?

Yeah I told the lady that it was robbery and made sure she didn t get confused thinking that I been in the Army for 1 yr instead of how long I actually been in 10+ yrs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you belong to a Credit Union? I would go through a Credit Union first as they usually have a better rate for someone that has less them perfect credit scores. Just a thought..

·
Registered
279 Posts
that sounds like bull****. I have worse credit (probably), but 26%, thats ridiculous. can you afford a larger deposit? Because I know that when I spoke to my dealership, they said with the down payment I was going to make, financing with 10% would probably work out to around 250-300 a month. I would definitely go back and ask them whats up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you belong to a Credit Union? I would go through a Credit Union first as they usually have a better rate for someone that has less them perfect credit scores. Just a thought..
No i do not belong to a CU but if I do get an account would it be too early to ask them for a loan in the timeframe of getting my order

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go to capital one and apply yourself.
They're dying to lend money. :cool:
I just got a letter from Capitol One stating that they are raising the interest rate on my credit card so the only call im making to them is to cancel my card:lol:

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
No i do not belong to a CU but if I do get an account would it be too early to ask them for a loan in the timeframe of getting my order
As a member of the military... you have many options!!! USAA 9 out of 10 times has the best rates around, next only to the Pentagon FCU. Navy Federal is another great one. besides w/ 3800 down that shows them good intentions

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that sounds like bull****. I have worse credit (probably), but 26%, thats ridiculous. can you afford a larger deposit? Because I know that when I spoke to my dealership, they said with the down payment I was going to make, financing with 10% would probably work out to around 250-300 a month. I would definitely go back and ask them whats up.
Military doesn t pay me enough for anymore of a down payment:lol:

I would have been more than happy with 10% my credit score is 529

1 - 20 of 29 Posts