Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
get some subframe connectors if you don't already have them and get some new wheels, somebody ruined yours with black spray it looks like.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i hate the rims on it the guy i got it from ruined them.... I was wanting some chorme Iroc rims.... and oh yea with the t tops I need the subframe connectors and iwas going to get a strut tower brace.... and I broke sometyhing in the rear end the other day i heard a pop and it started one wheeling but i dont think it was an axle

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea... the rear is out of a 84 z28 and I was sideways and just pop and now the right is only spinning 98% of the time but if I back up till it pops it will lock them so i know its the old locker... I'd like to just rebluild it to with an eaton locker and richmond gears but thats about a 1000 just in parts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The worst part about that is a kid that lives three houses down has a mustang and is talking even more **** now... lol he just dont know yet

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'd like one out of a 02 formula or firehawk if i went that route cause i like the way they;re gear but finding one will be the trick... but a newer model rear end with a posi would work and i'd have rear disc

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea they are... now that kid revs up every time he rides by... just like a ford guy... they think there all big and bad untill your back running right

·
Registered
393 Posts
Find yourself an LS1 rear. They are cheap (IDK) and aren't too hard to install.

What kind of mustang?
Dont get an ls1 rear end. they are 2" wider and have the same size ring and pinion that a third gen has, so you wont gain much in strength, it will be the wrong size, and cost more than a 3rd gen posi disc rear. save up and buy a 9" or 12 bolt. I got my 9" fpr 2500 shipped, has a locker, 4.11's, moser axles, and was all set up to bolt my disc brakes too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to this place in charlotte, NC and pickup a rear end from a 92 iroc with a 373's in it and a LOCKER they had the cover off for me so iu could count the teeth

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gears and a locker won't make it much stronger, if your car is making a legitimate 400 rwhp then I don't think it will last long.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this rs isnt close to 400 that pic is from my old Iroc... thats the one that was running low 8's this RS the motor just has a cam, intake and carb... the motor came out of a 93 Z71.. and I got a 350 tubo and now that gear and it doesnt seem like a bad set up right now I took a newer charger RT in it... grant it there not anything to really brag about but they're still faster than a mustang

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But when i got rid of my iroc i knew right away i screwed up and thats y i got this rs and trying to build on it but I got a little girl so my funds torward it are limted.... that rear is going to have to do for a couple of months untill i can save up to get some better heads and my block freshed up and bored .030 over and make it into a 355... but its going to take a minute... so as soon as i get the time off to go to the drag strip i'm going to see where i stand to know for sure where i want to go from here

·
Registered
393 Posts
But when i got rid of my iroc i knew right away i screwed up and thats y i got this rs and trying to build on it but I got a little girl so my funds torward it are limted.... that rear is going to have to do for a couple of months untill i can save up to get some better heads and my block freshed up and bored .030 over and make it into a 355... but its going to take a minute... so as soon as i get the time off to go to the drag strip i'm going to see where i stand to know for sure where i want to go from here
I wouldnt mind getting ahold of an ls1, converting to carb and running a t350 and running it as a drag car, stripped down base third gen with an aluminum motor would be like 2800-2900 pounds, would be a low 12 sec car with no mods to the engine.....stall, headers and a cam would be mid 11's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts