Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My better half and I were planning on going to a car show in Shellrock, Iowa today.

If it wasn't going to be raining, we were going to take the ZL1. It was raining so we took the Hedgehog instead.

It sure is different walking around as a spectator instead of a participant. :confused:

Guess who was there? Domino. :eek: My buddy decided to drive it for the weekend after I traded it in to him.

He said, "I just like showing nice cars."

No harm in doing that. :clap:

Even back to stock, she was garnering ALOT of attention. :thumbsup: In fact, I ended up talking with people about her since my buddy had disappeared and was no where to be found.

I was ready to find new roads and new adventures with the new Z, but it sure tugs at your heart strings when you see a friend you had to leave behind. Especially one that so much O.T. at work went into.

It was VERY TOUGH talking about her and showing her to folks, but a great way to say farewell. :(

After an hour or so, we left. We got back to the car and it was a rough time for me for a few minutes as we sat there. All the miles and memories went through my mind like a slideshow. I was proud she was still turning heads, but it just felt like someone had ran a red hot knife right into my heart.

It was good to have "one more shot" at showing her off, eventhough it was unplanned. :clap:

I snapped a few pictures too. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That's why I never can part with my 03 GT. Even the thought of it gives me anxiety. Unfortunately, I haven't created as many significant memories in the SS as I did in the Mustang. There were a couple, but nowhere near as many. In the 15 months that I've had her I can definitely say that I have a special bond with her. I doubt I will ever give her up.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I didn't think I would ever give up Baby Doll, but I did.
Remember, someone else is enjoying the same pleasure you had with that Camaro. Wish them well!!

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just hope whomever adopts her will take care of her and treat her right.

I sure as heck don't want some snot-nosed punk be her new owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts