Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife was driving my '10 2LT, and she said this part fell on her left foot from under the dash. It looks like a spring nut of some kind, but after looking around under the dash, I can't find anywhere that looks like its home. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so the image won't show, but if I open it in a new tab, it's viewable. The part could be the metal backing to one of the flat plastic nuts that hold the sound proofing to the firewall, but I can't find any bolts that don't have one already attached. I'll poke around some more, but would appreciate any confirmation or other suggestions.

·
Registered
511 Posts
There are no pictures or link to the image you are describing.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
It looks a lot like a fire-wall-panel retaining washer, its like one that goes over a pin on the fire wall that holds the carpet and
the padding to the wall, instead of a nut, they are usually metal, on older cars, they look a lot like a fake nut.. :lol:
I hope that helps.. thanks for linking a pic, if you can't find out where it goes, you could stop in at your dealer,
see if they can find out for you... if no one knows or cant help ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 'rat. That's what I suspect too. I was just double checking to see if anyone might recognize it as something else. There are several plastic discs with some sort of spring nut backing them, and I'm pretty sure this is just the backing nut portion of one of them. I still can't find its home, but it's likely up in the deep, dark recesses I can't see. I don't even want to guess where the plastic "cap" part ended up. :D

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
hotrodhoodrat what's the exact name of that peace? If we know the exact name and search by the name we may see others have posted too?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts