Sad but that shows the decline in education over the years :lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
102 Posts
So sad. I am a high school drop out & I got this. Only one I missed was the kings name. I will have to test my boss when he gets back he has a masters. He knows about the Spartans (300) like he was there I will have to test him on America.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It shows not only a lack of education but also a lack of pride in this great country. The older gentleman grew up in a nation that had pride in its self. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
It shows not only a lack of education but also a lack of pride in this great country. The older gentleman grew up in a nation that had pride in its self. Just my 2 cents.

I agree most just know its a holiday,they get the day off so they can party. :mad:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The guy from Texas was funny.....

"What's the Texas official anthem?" Get out!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Sad but that shows the decline in education over the years :lol:
Its not a decline, rather a statement about political correctness. We know more about math and general science than ever, but schools choose what they want to feed kids about history and biology.

Its no longer PC to say we beat the British and for the most part blacks were free in the US. Its no longer PC to talk about anything even related to the possibility of this world having been created by a higher power. Instead, we are taught that this nation was a bunch of racist terrorists and that we all evolved from creatures of the sea.

In 1855, Colored Patriots of the American revolution was required reading in the entire US school system. The book was even written by a black man, William Cooper Nell. Theres so much history & science out there that has been buried because of our political correctness its scary.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is one of the reasons why we homeschool our children until high school.

My next older son graduated high school a month ago as valedictorian with a 4.58 unweighted GPA and a 35 ACT score.

Course he gets his looks from me. ;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That is one of the reasons why we homeschool our children until high school.

My next older son graduated high school a month ago as valedictorian with a 4.58 unweighted GPA and a 35 ACT score.
How do you get an unweighted GPA of 4.58? Unless they are using something other than a 4.0 scale to grade on, there's no way you could get that without the AP classes to weight the grade.

35 on the ACT, I can see that. But that depends heavily on how well you take tests and how fast you can read.

·
Registered
299 Posts
AP classes count as 5.0 if you got an A.

Hey I'm only repeating what the principal said at graduation when he read out my sons GPA on stage.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
AP classes count as 5.0 if you got an A.

Hey I'm only repeating what the principal said at graduation when he read out my sons GPA on stage.
I wish it worked that way when I took my AP classes. No matter what grade you got, AP classes at my school added a measly .05 to your GPA.

·
8,984 Posts
I agree with you wholeheartedly 89RS.

Man, was is this unweighted BS you speak of. I need to go back and recalculate as I rocked a 35 on the ACT, yet only a 1100 on the SAT. Maybe I had a 4.58 GPA. :lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree with you wholeheartedly 89RS.

Man, was is this unweighted BS you speak of. I need to go back and recalculate as I rocked a 35 on the ACT, yet only a 1100 on the SAT. Maybe I had a 4.58 GPA. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts