Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up a few days ago for $1250. My original plans were to take out it's engine and some other parts and put them in my Camaro. After some thought, I wrote up some really good ideas for the car and now it's my winter project. Check it out...

1988 Pontiac T/A GTA - 97,700 miles, R-Titled (From 1993) but the car is straight and rust free.

350 TPI - Mild Cam (Unknown) + Bored .030 over + Bolt-ons

Started Removing The Interior And Luxuries. Sort of sad it's a GTA and I'm ripping out all it's luxuries, most work too! :confused:

All the car needs is a tranny fix, I have the parts, but incase the tranny needs rebuilt, the Z28 will be giving up it's tranny. In Return, I'll treat the Z28 to a T56 in the summer.

Long Live The Third Gen F-Body!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first saw it, it reminded me of a Rat-Rod only with 80s styling and Tech, so I sorta coined the name from that.

Here is all the new parts on the car.

New K&N Air filter

New TPS

New PCV

New Plugs

New Wires

New Cap and Rotor

New Canister filter

Newly Cut Rotors

New Front air dam

New Starter

New Alternator

New Battery

New Fuel filter

New Edelbrock adjustable panhard rod

New Fog Lights

Rebuilt headlight motors

New Headliner

New JVC Head unit

New sony explode speakers

New Injectors

New adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Performance Parts: 24lb injectors, lightly ported plenum and runners, k&n, smog delete, 160 tstat, bored .030, cam (dont know the spec), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, flowtech shorty headers, custom y-pipe, magnaflow high flow cat, mac flowpath catback, edelbrock adjustable panhard, suspension techniques sway bar

Needs: header gaskets ($25), 3-4 Clutch pack (have part, needs put in), alignment, and tune

·
8,984 Posts
Why are you ataking out the interior pieces?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20 year carpeting and seats are just nasty. Most of the plastics are good so I'm painting them flat black, I'm laying down OEM black carpeting, and it has new grey headliner. I don't know what do to with the door panels yet. Then I will be removing that big clunky center console and putting a B&M or Hurst console with shifter. Then a roll car, more for show then purpose.

Car is then getting some body panels fitted better, a functional ram air hood, then professionally painted flat black.

·
8,984 Posts
Gotcha!

Take the time to paint the enine bay as well.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I have always wanted one of those! Good Luck.

·
2,774 Posts
very nice :D

maybe some pinstripped birds to go along with the whole rat rod type of styling..

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Those were quick cars for there time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mother had one with a 5 speed if im not mistaking :confused: :confused: :confused: talk about FAST wow !!!

hers was white/gold.

Great project and good luck :patriot:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd buy that shifter in a heartbeat if I had the cash, next pay check goes to my Dad, the one after that goes to "winterize" my camaro. That gives me a month before I start buying anything for the "Rat" Am. So for right now, just stripping her out... :lol:

The headliner is very new, didn't realize it 'till tonight, so the interior will be done 2 weeks sooner. Still months away though. :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
About that shifter.....I just realized it won't fit your car unless you remove your console. Good luck with the project.

·
8,984 Posts
You should do that. The consoles suck anyways.

That B&M megashifter would look great in there!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I plan on removing it all but the ash tray area, then put the window buttons hidden inside the ash tray. I'm not sure yet.

·
8,984 Posts
Well get that shifter from Jonz.

Wait Xmas is coming up, maybe he will get it for you!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If he still has it by Dec 11th I'll probably take it, that is my next pay day.

It would be nice for christmas if he gave it to me hahahah :lol::p

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Well get that shifter from Jonz.

Wait Xmas is coming up, maybe he will get it for you!

If he still has it by Dec 11th I'll probably take it, that is my next pay day.

It would be nice for christmas if he gave it to me hahahah :lol::p
Hey, I'm a generous guy........I never said anything about being charitable.:D

92, if you still want it by then you can have it for $75 shipped!;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts