1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the month progresses, more signs are leading to an imminent bankruptcy
filing in June for GM.
Please share your thoughts on what effect, if any, this may have on further
delaying production/delivery of 5th gen camaros...

1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted 04/16/2009
1102 - Preliminary Order Added thru Web 04/16/2009
2000 - Accepted by GM 04/20/2009
2500 - Preferenced 04/21/2009
3000 - Accepted by Production Control 04/21/2009

Order #NJKKB2

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bored, no. anxious, yes. concerned, absolutely. speculate seems to be the most any of us can do as the majority of those who frequent these forums are
waiting...albeit few as impatient as myself..considering many have been waiting 6 months...
just wondering, if it did happen in the beginning of June, does the whole company shut down, i just don't know how it works. I know GM will not go
away, and that they will come out better and stronger on the other end...
it's just a big issue that was at the forefront of my mind when putting down
a large deposit to reserve this car...i have loved camaros since i was a kid
and this is my first new car...a camaro...

on a lighter note, i received word from my shop that i'll be getting my 69 camaro back, no rust - stripped bare, sandblasted and welded..and primered
flat black...ready to be put back together in my garage...

YAY!!!!! can't wait to get the new one and keep them together, it'll be truly awesome.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is a one week shutdown planned - thats all...Then two shifts and Saturdays come into the production picture in june.
2 shifts? Really? Saturdays, I heard about, but I also heard there would be no 2nd shift.

Good news if true!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's all speculation. My speculation - I am not one of those people that think a bankruptcy would halt the Camaro or GM in general, my only fear is that if they file they'll do the shutdown while they're in court like Chrysler delaying it for a while.

Chris

·
Registered
170 Posts
Shoot, if they closed threads because of speculative content, half the threads would be locked.

:p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bankrupcy could cause a delay in production of new Camaro's, although it would most likely not be GM causing the delay.

Just as when Chrysler filed, it temporarily haulted their production lines. Suppliers will generally stop their supply chains until the company settles the paperwork and gets through all the red tape involved in a bankruptcy. After all, you're not going to keep sending product to someone if they aren't paying for it.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
GM early supplier payments

In a move that could be taken as groundwork for a BK, GM has received permission from treasury dept. to pay its suppliers on May 28th instead of June 2nd. (approx. 6 Billion)

If they can keep suppliers happy, they can continue to build cars during BK. Chryslers suppliers stopped sending as soon as BK was announced as they were owed money. Some Chryslers plants closed within hours of BK filing due to no parts.

GM may have learned a few things watching Chryslers BK process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts