Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hmmm...I like this idea...Envy and I are all about the looks...lol :D
Where/how can I get something like this done to my VMax TB?
Doesn't the maker of your TB offer it as an option? I would think you could send it back to them and exchange it (+ a few $) for one that is or have them just do yours...

If not. Any place that does metal polishing should be able to handle it. Though I would be sure they are aware of and capable of working around the electronics....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doesn't the maker of your TB offer it as an option? I would think you could send it back to them and exchange it (+ a few $) for one that is or have them just do yours...

If not. Any place that does metal polishing should be able to handle it. Though I would be sure they are aware of and capable of working around the electronics....
I agree, you should be able to send it back and pay a tad more for a new option. i don't see why they wouldn't

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm...I like this idea...Envy and I are all about the looks...lol :D
Where/how can I get something like this done to my VMax TB?
I believe you can get polished TB from Apex Motorsports, but since you already have one you might have to find someone with a polishing machine or try it by hand.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got my IOM vmax ported TB on the way from Apex.... should be an easy 10 minute mod for about an extra 10 hp or so (debatable) and quicker response.
oh... and it will look perdy.

I'll post pics once I get it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've got my IOM vmax ported TB on the way from Apex.... should be an easy 10 minute mod for about an extra 10 hp or so (debatable) and quicker response.
oh... and it will look perdy.

I'll post pics once I get it.
You should see some gains. There have been multiple dyno studies showing a 7-10 RWHP and RWTQ gain. I def felt a difference when I installed mine!

·
Registered
670 Posts
V Max thottle bodies

I sell a lot of the Vmax throttle bodies for $165.00 shipped plus your working core.

I tell guys/girls, I dont paint or polish them. My reason is simple, I can do it and charge $50-125 dollars more, if you can go to autozone and pick up a can of spray paint for $12 and you can spray it 3 or 4 times if it chips.

I dont mind making the money, but I also would want to save you money.

If you want a Vmax ported throttle body, I have them in stock. You can contact me at:

[email protected]

Phil
Tampa Tuning

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sell a lot of the Vmax throttle bodies for $165.00 shipped plus your working core.

I tell guys/girls, I dont paint or polish them. My reason is simple, I can do it and charge $50-125 dollars more, if you can go to autozone and pick up a can of spray paint for $12 and you can spray it 3 or 4 times if it chips.

I dont mind making the money, but I also would want to save you money.

If you want a Vmax ported throttle body, I have them in stock. You can contact me at:

[email protected]

Phil
Tampa Tuning
I could understand you not painting them to save the buyer money. But why wouldn't you polish them if we were willing to pay for that option?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
You should see some gains. There have been multiple dyno studies showing a 7-10 RWHP and RWTQ gain. I def felt a difference when I installed mine!
Hey Chapel was it difficult to install??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It took about 15 minutes taking my time. No re-tune necessary.
ok cool, just alittle hesistant on doing the install if i get one, did u notice a night and day difference??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I noticed a difference but you probably won't on your car. It might be masked by the headers and tune. I got mine before the headers. Don't hesitate at all on the install. Here's what you do. Get your tools, grab two beers, get crackin at it, and you'll be finished with the install before you finish the beers, lol!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I noticed a difference but you probably won't on your car. It might be masked by the headers and tune. I got mine before the headers. Don't hesitate at all on the install. Here's what you do. Get your tools, grab two beers, get crackin at it, and you'll be finished with the install before you finish the beers, lol!!
lol I drink my beers kind of slow, so that is probably a better measure than 15 minutes for me ... I said the other day a ten minute job for you all takes me 20 and proved that when I replaced my DRL bezels ;)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
lol I drink my beers kind of slow, so that is probably a better measure than 15 minutes for me ... I said the other day a ten minute job for you all takes me 20 and proved that when I replaced my DRL bezels ;)
Yea, well you know what they say about us tall guys with big hands, and big feet...it's absolutely true...it IS harder to work on cars for us, lol!! It usually takes me about twice as long as other people also. But I don't mind. I always make sure I have plenty of time and I kinda just turtle along, haha!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
haha cool, 2 beers sounds legit! lol

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Yea, well you know what they say about us tall guys with big hands, and big feet...it's absolutely true...it IS harder to work on cars for us, lol!! It usually takes me about twice as long as other people also. But I don't mind. I always make sure I have plenty of time and I kinda just turtle along, haha!!

I qualify on that front too ... switching the tail lights was a huge PITA with my big hands ... thankfully, I'm not limited on to a DD, so I can takemy time ... we will see about the "easy job" of switching out the side markers tomorrow ... the first try was less than successful :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts