Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it's $1200 for red badges, HID's, rmolding, smoked tail light lenses and wheels, why did you choose it?

How did you justify it since it adds no performance to the vehicle?

Did you want to "load" the car up? Do you want it for just one option? Is it the history?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i like the HID's. wheels are nice, but not needed. tail light difference is barely noticable. and i'd prefer no badges at all. saying all that, i'm going to get the RS when i have the funds to order, mostly just for the HID's.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
A couple reasons for me:

1. I love the fact that the RS package is true to heritage, being appearance only.
2. The HIDs and halos, quite simply, are BAD ASS!
3. I really like the unique wheels, RS is the only way to get the midnight silver finish.
4. I like the clean look of the painted-to-match roof ditch moldings.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
As many have stated...Halos and HIDs are the big pull for me...

It just looks so sleek compared to the standard headlamps (not that those are bad) but once you've seen the halos in person it seems like an injustice to not purchase the RS package.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
1. History/Tradition
2. Halos

While I am not made of money, the $1200 is negligible over the life of the payments, and I would rather have the factory do the halos - as opposed to myself, the dealer, or an aftermarket shop.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Haven't ordered yet but it when I do it will be an RS for the halos/HID's and cuz I want mine fully loaded. Will prolly also help with re-sale.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Here are some very recent comparison pics of the Camaro SS front-end Halos vs. "Retro", Red vs. White SS badging...

I think BOTH are equally awesome and sinister looking (okay, the Halos look "more bad boyish" when on), so the RS package did not "work for me" for the extra expense...also, I went for the Polished 20"ers...

There will be plenty of Mustangs and Challengers wetting their pants when they see either of these in there rear-view mirrors (and it won't be for long!) :lol:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I haven't ordered one, but I'm getting the RS package, because the Concept was stunning, and the Afterburner tailights and halos contribute to the first joy I had when I saw the concept. Plus it looks cool. The 69 RS was an option, and tons of people got them . Probably for the 'look what i got' factor.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts