Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

As some of you have read my concerns in about one more month I'm gonna get serious about getting my first Camaro. Wether it being a V-6 or an 8 is undetermined as of yet.

What I'm concerned about is that I've read on some articles that some people can't see above the dash when behind the wheel as they said itt has a unusually high dash.instrument cluster. In addition to this I also hear that some people complain the roof-line is unusually low/short so when one gets inside they're head actually hits the roof. :eek:

Since I'm an average asian of 5'-7" in height I wonder if I'll encounter any of these issues:confused: I know ...I know go and rent a Camaro and see for myself BUT before I do this I'd like your opinions as well to mentally compare against.

Can you tell me: 1. your height

2. does your head hit roof inner liner roof area?

3. can you see above the instrument cluster/dash to drive?

Many Thanks,

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm 5'10" and depending on if you get one with the sunroof or not you should be ok. Got about 1 1/2" more room without the sunroof. Getting my helemt on at the track is a little tricky but doable.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
6' Sunroof no problems in any way ... in the 2SS at least the seats adjust up and down ... HUD adjusts up n down, so I never ever look at the cluster except for mileage related things ... the visibility problems are all to the rear

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I am 6'2 and I have 2010 with a moonroof. The best advice is to go sit in one and drive it. The interior is a bit closed in if you ask me. But you'll get used to it and comfortable with it after a while. The blind spots are a bit brutal but you'll get used to that as well. It'll actually make you a better driver, lol!! The roof line is low, maybe it's that way to me because of my height. However, the weird thing is that there are some parking lot entrances where I have to sit up to look over and make sure I'm not gonna curb her. Particularly the Walmart parking lot and TD bank here in Neptune. Those are the only ones I can think of. Other than that there are some things you may or may not find that you'll have to get used to. But once you test drive one and get all the compliments and looks thumbs ups and hott chicks checking you out, you'll be sold!!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I'm 5'1" and I can see over the dash to drive with no problem. The passenger seat in the 2010 model is extremely low and not adjustable height-wise. I bend/fold up to get in and out because the roof overhangs low on the sides. You'll bang your head hard once, then you will forever remember to duck. Visibility is tough looking over your right shoulder because of the wide b and c-pillars. Proper mirror adjustment is critical for good visibility. After two weeks of everyday driving, you will adjust.
Happy shopping!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your quick replies! Especially the ones around my height. I actually forgot about the electric seat to be able to adjust seat height. If you having no issues then I'm pretty sure I won't.

Currently it appears I'm looking more into a V-6 version (2lt with the RS package) either in white. dark grey or the dark blue...which ever one I can get with the options I want. I especially like the "My Link" with the optional navigation system. Even perhaps the "high performance muffler" system that's offered as an option.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
The passenger seat in the 2010 model is extremely low and not adjustable height-wise.
The passenger seat in the 2012 2SS is adjustable

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The passenger seat in the 2012 2SS is adjustable
83Hokie,

Thanks for the info buddy but as it appears over here in California the SS model insurance wise is about $400 more compared to the V-6 version. Based on the additional fact that I'm also insuring on the same policy my 08' Impala SS my pocket book can't endure any more.

Besides the point from my origional question....All that matters to me is the drivers seat and not necessarily the passenger. Remember I've read from some people that the dash/instrument cluster is too high for people to see above to drive. At the same time some people have said that there heads hit the roof liner inside the cars due to it's much lower profile.

I'm sure allot of this depends if the guy or gal is taller in the legs compared to the upper torso. Everyone's different. For myself I'm taller in the chest area (torso) and shorter in the legs.

I'm much sure the designers at GM must have taken an average when calculating everything before production. Too bad no one from GM could chime in on my question as it would solve many questions.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
394 Posts
If your 5'7 your good

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am 5'5" and my wife is 4'11" and both of us can see just fine. We do have the power seat to raise it up. I have not driven one without a power seat, so if you don't plan to get a power seat you will want to take one for a test drive.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
I am 5'5" and my wife is 4'11" and both of us can see just fine. We do have the power seat to raise it up. I have not driven one without a power seat, so if you don't plan to get a power seat you will want to take one for a test drive.
Darn, you beet me to the punch, well SIN.. is right, those seats make it better and no more problems on the newer models,
tho.. as the older models don't have the power seats, I heard you can buy the power seats and wiring and put them in.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
My wife is 4'10" and doesn't have a problem driving Trigger Happy.

As far as her being in the passenger seat, we got longer anchor bolts and added spacers to raise it up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
INTIMIDAT3R,

If your wife is 4'10" then I know I won't have any issues. The main thing is I can aadjust the seat height when the time comes just in case.

* sure like that Camaro in white like you have! I don't need the stripes on the hood though. You got 20" wheels on your Camaro??

Mail Clerk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts