Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's still a tool and a half :lol:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Actor Tom Cruise will drive the Chevrolet Camaro pace car during the opening pace laps of the Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.

Cruise, who attended the 2008 Sprint Cup banquet at the invitation of team owner Rick Hendrick, is familiar with stock cars, having starred in the movie “Days of Thunder.”

Hendrick facilitated the appearance at the Daytona 500 by Cruise, DIS spokesman Andrew Booth said Friday morning.

Cruise joins several celebrities who will attend the Daytona 500. Country music star Keith Urban will perform during the prerace show, and “Dancing with the Stars” dancer/musician Julianne Hough will sing the national anthem.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Tom_Cruise_to_drive_Daytona_500_pace_car.html

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I'm crushed. I thought the phone would ring.

For what Rick Hendrick paid for charity for car #1, HE should have been in the drivers seat.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ugh...why? I'm sure they're paying a ton for him to do it...and does anyone actually like the guy anymore?

·
8,984 Posts
Well, maybe Camaro sales will increase with Scientologists!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well he is kinda short....maybe he is really pitching the new Scientologist designed booster seats....:eek:

He might be able to see over the steering wheel now....and you can have one too for only $19.95;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe he is friends with Hendrick. Days of Thunder was loosely based on Rick Hendrick's beginnings in Nascar and it sounds like RH wanted Cruise there...

·
Registered
176 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts