Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, Thurs. 3/18, at 8:00 p.m. on National Geographic channel, "Ultimate Factories"---A look at the making of the 2010 Camaro SS.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
cool i wish i could tivo that from my work so i wouldn't miss it

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ya i can't talk to my tivo via internet (something about living in canada lol) so i just have to hope i make home in time tonight to catch it and record it

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
dammit see i knew i would i miss it. might have to look for it online

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In the end after watching the re-run at midnight EST I kinda understood why they kept showing the SS and V6 cars while only mentioning 304.

To the lay person watching it on Nat Geo, 304 does seem like kind of a lot of power, and maybe GM wanted to push the V6 a bit more by going into detail on the SIDI thing for 'green purposes'.

Then when they check it out at the dealership and they see 426 crank on the SS they go.. "Where do I sign!"

One thing I lol'd at was that they showed the Hyundai commercial about electrostatic painting and it was RIGHT after they showed the segment on painting a VR and RY car right behind one another. "So much about 'special painting techniques' there, Hyundai. :D"

·
Registered
459 Posts
That DVD should be part of the sales package for every Camaro sold. If not from GM the dealer should do it. It really is interesting on how they are built and shows the machinary that is involved.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I stumbled across the show when it aired two months ago and THAT was what set the wheels in motion with me! Basically, this show sold me on getting a Camero! Bobgreen is right, it should be part of the sales package with every Camero sold!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts