Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this still true? I think im gonna switch my order to a manual despite all practical reasoning.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manual drivers...that's how we roll...(backwards).
:lol:

i know i know, im turning to the dark side... not to change the subject of the thread but i just realized i'm getting this car for fun and not to take to the track or for practicality reasons. Despite the fact that autos have an advantage in any race, and the fact that i live in downtown dallas, i want to feel the soul of this car and have that connection that only a clutch can bring.

So back on topic, its still not too late to change yet right? :(

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
:lol:

i know i know, im turning to the dark side... not to change the subject of the thread but i just realized i'm getting this car for fun and not to take to the track or for practicality reasons. Despite the fact that autos have an advantage in any race, and the fact that i live in downtown dallas, i want to feel the soul of this car and have that connection that only a clutch can bring.

So back on topic, its still not too late to change yet right? :(
Call your dealer already ya slacker.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
There is still plenty of time to change orders. :)

Sometime late January will be the last chance to change orders.
I have been toying with the idea of adding Dual Black Stripes on the hood...anyone want to push me to the tipping point? :D (the Hot Rod animation in the Videos section got me going on this...)

Maybe I just need to scan all the photos I have downloaded these last umpteen months to see if I can sway myself... :lol: If anyone has seen REAL photos of 2010 Camaro striping, please point me to them...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ehhhh ive never been a big fan of stripes. I know they are an american muscle heritage thing but i think stripes look better in a museum, at the track, and on screen. they just seem so showy on some guys car drivin down the highway. One smooth look in my opinion is the cleanest way to go.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
ehhhh ive never been a big fan of stripes. I know they are an american muscle heritage thing but i think stripes look better in a museum, at the track, and on screen. they just seem so showy on some guys car drivin down the highway. One smooth look in my opinion is the cleanest way to go.
Good points, and thanks. Tonight (January 12th, 2009) at 8 pm EST, CNBC will be airing the Detroit Auto Show! Not sure for how long, but we should see the 2010 Camaro I would think. I spoke with Scott at the San Diego Auto Show in late December, and he said there is going to be a Victory Red Camaro with Grey (?) stripes there...I will be glued to the TV in about 10 minutes PST..

:yay:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I am weakening... :faint:

Hood Shot

Tail Shot

:runaround:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that does look pretty sick but if your gonna drive that around town, the only way i could see it as being cool is if you had it tricked out. specifically it would have to have a really lopey cam like the hotcam, that would be sweet. a stock car w/ stripes just looks like your trying to look too cool

·
Registered
105 Posts
Victory red with these stripes in black for me...I remember the Camaros of the late 60's and the Challengers with these hood and trunk stripes. My buddy has the Challenger Orange w/black stripes..I am going retro the way I remember...stripes all the way ..........

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that does look pretty sick but if your gonna drive that around town, the only way i could see it as being cool is if you had it tricked out. specifically it would have to have a really lopey cam like the hotcam, that would be sweet. a stock car w/ stripes just looks like your trying to look too cool
what the heck does one have to do with another?:confused:

personally, I wish the stripes were only offered on the SS (1 more thing to make them stand out)...but I don't see why you can't have stripes on a stock Camaro.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what the heck does one have to do with another?:confused:

personally, I wish the stripes were only offered on the SS (1 more thing to make them stand out)...but I don't see why you can't have stripes on a stock Camaro.
Im just saying personally if i see a car with something radical like stripes, it better have something radical under the hood that sets itself apart from the others.

one mans perspective

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Im just saying personally if i see a car with something radical like stripes, it better have something radical under the hood that sets itself apart from the others.

one mans perspective
My first thought about stripes for my Victory Red SS with Black Leather interior was Black Rally Stripes. But, from photos I have seen of Cyber Grey Rally Stripes on both a Silver Ice SS/RS and a Victory Red SS/RS, 1) they can look Blackish under certain lighting conditions, 2) the Black Leather interior can look Greyish under certain lighting conditions, and 3) when the Rally Stripes look Silverish, they do not look that 'Radical' to me...since I am approaching the "Silver Years" (certainly in 2020 when my 2010 Camaro SS is 10 years old :lol:), the Cyber Grey Rally Stripes will be perfect...
:rock5thvert:

From what I have read, only the White and Cyber Grey Rally Stripes are factory installed, all others are Dealer installed. No offense to Dealer installs, but my girlfriend has worked for a Ford Dealear (boo-hiss... :D) for 8 years and she says the factory install will be better. Any comments on this WILL be appreciated...I will not pull the trigger on this change until Thursday the 22nd! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
get the stripes!!! you wont regret it!
I "pulled the trigger" last Thursday, and updated my Signature to reflect that...thanks for the support!
:yay:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts