Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/best-worst-automaker-fuel-economy/20080711132109990002

1. Mini - 27.66MPG
2. Honda - 23.81MPG
3. Chevrolet - 23.36MPG
4. Lotus - 22.33MPG
5. Volkswagen - 22.21MPG
6. Pontiac - 22.20MPG
7. Saturn - 22.14MPG
8. Kia - 21.80MPG
9. Suzuki - 21.77MPG
10. Toyota - 21.60MPG

On a fleet basis, the best performing manufacturer is BMW's MINI division, with three models averaging out at just over 27 mpg city/highway.

But fitting a family any bigger than two or three in the MINI isn't possible; Honda might be a more realistic choice, its 27 models average out at almost 24 mpg combined.

Domestically, the winner in average fuel economy is Chevrolet, its 88 models average a combined 23.26 mpg combined city/highway, only slightly lower than Honda's 23.81 mpg average.

What's more impressive is that Chevrolet's numbers factor in a full line of trucks, not the case with Honda (its only offering in that category being the Ridgeline).

·
Registered
897 Posts
This list is awesome, you don't understand how often I have to defend Chevrolet to my Toyota friends (friends through girlfriend, I have no choice : ) ) about fuel economy. They just look at the Chevy trucks and SUV's and don't realize that GM cars are typically great for fuel economy. I always tell them to quit looking at the past because GM is really doing a great job moving foward. Maybe the Volt will finally open their eyes to how forward thinking GM is.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The Ridgeline is not a truck. It's an MDX/Odyssey/Pilot with an image problem. I hate that thing. It's the blandest thing Honda has concocted yet. Well, except for the ugly as sin '08 Pilot.

Honda has succeeded in loosing me as a customer. Even fuel efficiency can't win me this time.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Awesome! Good news for the Camaro, and GM! Now, they just need to get his out in the news more so that those people stumbling around out there actually can get a clue!

Who's scared of CAFE now?

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
the front end of the ridgeline looks like the old coils behind an refridgerator..;)

The other thing is people gotta spread this around. Not only Chevy but other domestic GM's got the nod too as better than Toyota. and a click behind Honda..but this is with TRUCKS>>>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.