Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Without Leno, I just don't think this is going to work. With Leno, I had my doubts, without him, definately not. Adam Corolla thinks he's funnier than he actually is, the middle guy is what...Some kind of female eye candy/patrick swayze wannabe. The other guy can drive and has hosted a couple of shows...But nothing memorable.

Besides, part of what makes Top Gear, Top Gear is the wacky British humor that births some of the insane contests they do. If American's try to recreate that, it's just going to come off as cheesy.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1. Just run the British show here on primetime. You can't duplicate the recipe.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Without Leno, I just don't think this is going to work. With Leno, I had my doubts, without him, definately not. Adam Corolla thinks he's funnier than he actually is, the middle guy is what...Some kind of female eye candy/patrick swayze wannabe. The other guy can drive and has hosted a couple of shows...But nothing memorable.
the 2 other guys...
Tanner Foust:

Tanner Foust is in high-demand as a stunt driver, with film credits including "The Bourne Ultimatum," "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" and "The Dukes of Hazard." Foust is a winning competitor in rally, drift, ice racing and time attack with multiple champion podium placements including the 2007 X Games Rally Champion and 2007 Formula Drift Pro Drift Champion. His varied race experience includes open wheel competition, the Pikes Peak Hill Climb (2002 - 2004), five Ice Racing championships and the 2005 PGT Rally Championship. He also holds class lap records at numerous U.S. road courses in Time Attack. In addition, Foust also hosted "Supercars Exposed" for the SPEED channel. Foust's car of choice is a tricked-out M3.

Eric Stromer:

Eric Stromer, host of the HGTV show "Over Your Head," started life in construction and remodeling houses after a short acting career as a soap opera hunk was abruptly ended by a Styrofoam boulder on the set of "Santa Barbara." For 20 years he ran a successful building company before becoming the face of HGTV's hit show. He's a regular on Adam Carolla's nationally-syndicated radio show giving out construction advice, and also appears on TLC's "Clean Sweep," NBC's "Three Wishes" and is a special correspondent for "The Insider." Stromer prefers his Camry hybrid.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
So Adam Carolla and this construction guy have what to do with cars?
I think Carolla is a "car guy"...the other is basically just a "TV Host" type.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
As many racing legends and personalities that actually follow cars, in America, they could of done better. Hell, there are a lot race car drivers that have good TV personalities.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
As many racing legends and personalities that actually follow cars, in America, they could of done better. Hell, there are a lot race car drivers that have good TV personalities.
Danica Patrick probably could have helped make the show entertaining.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danica Patrick probably could have helped make the show entertaining.
Yes! :drool:

Ok, I resisted all temptation, and put a clean picture here....

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I think the only way to have made this show succeed was by using Jay Leno and Danika Patrick (or someone with similar mass appeal). Nobody really knows who any of these guys are with the exception of Adam Corolla. I just imagine their commentary turning into jokes about Adam's penis.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tanner Foust is the American Drift King. He's pretty famous here. Unfortunately, since he doesn't drive GM cars, I guess no one here knows him. But that's all, he's got a big fanbase from the Rally and Drifting world. He could be the Stig... sorta (Maybe the US Stig is Pastrana...)

Or I think at least Mikko Hirvonen from the Ford World Rally Team...

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New article featuring an interview with Adam Carolla. It actually gives me more faith in the show, and I will watch it and give it a chance, at least.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4270253.html?page=1

One of Adam's quotes:
"I dunno if you guys are as nerdy as I am, but when you watch even a movie like Transformers, which is probably at $150 million budget ... Did you see the movie? At a certain point, Megan Fox, she’s a gearhead because her dad was a mechanic. So she pops the hood and looks under it and says, “What do we got? High-rise manifold with a double pumper.” Awesome, except for I’m looking at cross-draft injection. There’s cross-ram injection, and it’s not carbureted, it’s injected, and there’s— it essentially looks like four side-draft Webbers in a cross-ram configuration, except what comes out of her mouth is, “Hey! Hah! High- rise with a double pumper! "

·
Registered
637 Posts
Tanner Foust is the American Drift King. He's pretty famous here. Unfortunately, since he doesn't drive GM cars, I guess no one here knows him. But that's all, he's got a big fanbase from the Rally and Drifting world. He could be the Stig... sorta (Maybe the US Stig is Pastrana...)

Or I think at least Mikko Hirvonen from the Ford World Rally Team...
Maybe it because he's a "drift king" and we don't care to know who he is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
At a certain point, Megan Fox, she’s a gearhead because her dad was a mechanic. So she pops the hood and looks under it and says, “What do we got? High-rise manifold with a double pumper.” Awesome, except for I’m looking at cross-draft injection. There’s cross-ram injection, and it’s not carbureted, it’s injected, and there’s— it essentially looks like four side-draft Webbers in a cross-ram configuration, except what comes out of her mouth is, “Hey! Hah! High- rise with a double pumper! "
When I saw that part of the movie in the theater, I couldn't restrain saying nice and loud "HA HA FAIL". That doesn't mean I should host top gear ;)

First Knight Rider, now this.... siiiiiigh.

From a female perspective, that soap opera dude is not attractive. Richard Hammond, though he is a leprechaun, is plenty hot for my 'merican girl tastes. :patriot:

·
2,774 Posts
My Pick..

:patriot:
I mean Jay Leno would of been the first pick. But I mean think about it. This guy would be great! Here he is..

YES that is a Z06

Tim "The Tool Man" Allen

and the tool man's shop..

He would of been the perfect fit..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts