Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the final verdict gonna be for the top speed on this thing? I suppose going with the factory rating governed speed and then what you may think with the govenor removed. My guess it would be around or at a 170mph rating with being capable of getting to the 180's possibly. With the 4th gen. being maxed out at 167mph I believe this was with the govenor off? Well see...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'd like to see 160. I've only been 150 in my 14 year old Vette, so I'd like to see what it's like in a car where you're not afraid it will break, and then kill you. :)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I would think the 5th Gen's top speed will be a little bit lower than a 4th Gen.
Aerodynamics will come into play at high speeds, and while the car is plenty aerodynamic, it's not quite as slippery as a 4th Gen was.

That being said, the 5th Gen also has more power and revs higher.
So maybe it could be higher.

My 4th Gen with its factory 2.73 gears maxed out at 173mph. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I would think the 5th Gen's top speed will be a little bit lower than a 4th Gen.
Aerodynamics will come into play at high speeds, and while the car is plenty aerodynamic, it's not quite as slippery as a 4th Gen was.

That being said, the 5th Gen also has more power and revs higher.
So maybe it could be higher.

My 4th Gen with its factory 2.73 gears maxed out at 173mph. :D
nice.... you have me beat... 165 on a bike and 160 in a M3 vert(that was fun:roxor:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
personally top speed does not matter - I will never be able to test it.

I care about more attainable performance tests - 0-100-0 anyone? I feel 0-100-0 is more of a performance test than just top speed. (does the 427 cobra still own this test or is it now an Enzo or similar??) And I feel 3.70 gears will be a popular mod - so top speed is killed with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts