Modern Camaro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
So the camera comes on when your passing somebody to help shrink that huge blind spot on the left side of the car?
yes this :lol: the backup camera is GREAT for backing up but those cars with sirens can sure still sneak up way too easy as you are moving

I have no blind spot on either side of my car, but then again, I'm smarter than the average human and know how to adjust my mirrors. They aren't there to style your hair in, use them.
having been through both offensive and defensive driving classes my mirrors are good ... just saying the Camaro rear vision is not like most other cars ... I'm not asking to change the look, just saying it is an issue

I have no blind spot on either side of my car, but then again, I'm smarter than the average human and know how to adjust my mirrors. They aren't there to style your hair in, use them.
You have a blind spot, lol! You absolutely do. And no amount of mirror adjustment will eliminate them. It is an issue that Chevy will have to address. Ignoring it won't make the Camaro a better car. Especially not when people who don't even have a Camaro are going around saying that it is a major issue with this car. It will detract people from the Camaro. It already is. It is a well known and it has been discussed and reported in magazines and on forums. I still love mine tho. And I love driving it. But the rear visibility and blind spots are horrendous.

You have a blind spot, lol! You absolutely do. And no amount of mirror adjustment will eliminate them. It is an issue that Chevy will have to address. Ignoring it won't make the Camaro a better car. Especially not when people who don't even have a Camaro are going around saying that it is a major issue with this car. It will detract people from the Camaro. It already is. It is a well known and it has been discussed and reported in magazines and on forums. I still love mine tho. And I love driving it. But the rear visibility and blind spots are horrendous.
you know, I'm asking myself why GM didn't make the Camaro a hatch back again, they wouldn't have to change much, hell the scion TC is a hatchback why cant the Camaro be?? The trunk makes it a little quieter, but a hatch back design would allow better rear visibility and more cargo usable space.

But maybe it was an issue of structural rigidity. they wanted a stronger frame that wouldn't flex so much.

you know, I'm asking myself why GM didn't make the Camaro a hatch back again, they wouldn't have to change much, hell the scion TC is a hatchback why cant the Camaro be?? The trunk makes it a little quieter, but a hatch back design would allow better rear visibility and more cargo usable space.

But maybe it was an issue of structural rigidity. they wanted a stronger frame that wouldn't flex so much.
i agree with Chapel hes right

Good thing they didnt or else that glass would be alot heavier lol

I can see all around my car... Maybe I have super human powers?

I can see all around my car... Maybe I have super human powers?
Lol, Coyote...we all can see all around our cars. But there is a blind spot. Next time you are driving, you will see that a car can be in the next lane and there will be a spot where you will not be able to see that car using your mirrors alone. You will have to turn your head and look to see the car. That is the blind spot. And it is a very well known issue with this generation Camaro. It is among the worst cars far as rear visibility and blind spots are concerned. Even the low windshield and dungeon-like interior is known.

Lol, Coyote...we all can see all around our cars. But there is a blind spot. Next time you are driving, you will see that a car can be in the next lane and there will be a spot where you will not be able to see that car using your mirrors alone. You will have to turn your head and look to see the car. That is the blind spot. And it is a very well known issue with this generation Camaro. It is among the worst cars far as rear visibility and blind spots are concerned. Even the low windshield and dungeon-like interior is known.
If I can turn my head and see them, it's not a blind spot. I learned long ago that I should always check what my mirrors are showing me, just in case some ******* might have moved one for me...

If I can turn my head and see them, it's not a blind spot
That is exactly what a "Blind Spot" is...an area that cannot be viewed while looking forward or through the rear and side view mirrors. If you have to turn your head to see that area, then it is a blind spot by definition. In your car, no matter how well you adjust your mirrors, you still have to turn your head and look back to be assured that there is no other object in your desired path.

That is exactly what a "Blind Spot" is...an area that cannot be viewed while looking forward or through the rear and side view mirrors. If you have to turn your head to see that area, then it is a blind spot by definition. In your car, no matter how well you adjust your mirrors, you still have to turn your head and look back to be assured that there is no other object in your desired path.
If you say so. I call it double checking...

If I can turn my head and see them, it's not a blind spot. I learned long ago that I should always check what my mirrors are showing me, just in case some ******* might have moved one for me...
x2.. ive driven a lot of older cars that had no passenger side mirror lol. i always turn and look.. so this blind spot is very minimal.. some people dont turn and look at all.. just use mirrors :eek:

Every car has blind spots. We learned that in 1970.

I couldn't believe how much it bothered me when my wife hung a dress over the rear passenger window.

I also can't figure out how some drivers pace someone to stay in their blind spot as if they don't know. They see you coming up the ramp to merge... Duh.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

So when your checking for cars on your left, how do you see even when you turn your head? You have to stick your head out the window, just turning your head lt will let you view nothing more than the seat your sitting in.

What I am saying is that the definition of a "blind spot" is any area that cannot be seen while looking straight ahead, through your rearview mirror, or through your side mirrors.

I'm not saying that you cannot turn your head and look. That is not only common sense, it is also the safest way. I am saying that if you HAVE to turn your head to see that area, then it is by definition a "blind spot". I did not invent the term nor did I define it. I'm just telling you what it is.

Every vehicle has a blind spot. Which is why you always have to look and make sure. And like Crew stated, in the Camaro I also have to stick my head out the window at times to check my blind spot. Sometimes I don't.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Dude, I'm a Mustang AND Camaro guy myself. So I know what you're going through. But I gotta say, you barely had and barely drove your Camaro before you wanted the Mustang...or so it seemed you barely had and barely drove it, I could be wrong. And you traded it in for the Mustang which you've had for 5 months. And even before that I'm pretty sure there was a car that you traded for the Camaro. Let me digress a little...maybe you can update us all on the cars you had and traded up to this point. Back to subject. I don't think it is financially logical for you to do another trade. Unless you have some kind of deal with the dealer or know some kind of angle, I just don't see how you can keep doing these trades without taking a huge hit on your finances and your credit. I suggest you keep the Mustang and enjoy it!! Stop judging it in comparison it to the Camaro. The Camaro is going to shine in certain aspects as will the Mustang in its own right. Both cars are awesome and extremely desirable. And if you appreciate the Mustang's unique strengths, you will enjoy it more. Plus, $5,000 to trade over to another Camaro when you already had one 5 months ago?? You're basically just throwing $5,000 away on top of whatever money you lost when you traded over to the Stang. Throw another $1500 on that $5,000 and you can get a supercharger installed and tuned on the Coyote!! And then you won't even be thinking about another Camaro.
Im not gonna trade anything for at least a year, not a week after I wrote this post I wound up in the hospital and got some bad news. I have to have part of my right kidney removed on August 22nd because they found a "mass" on it, 3.5cm. My doctor isnt sure what it is until they remove it and part of my kidney and Im basically scared to death at this point. So trading is out of the question for me right now.:(

Im not gonna trade anything for at least a year, not a week after I wrote this post I wound up in the hospital and got some bad news. I have to have part of my right kidney removed on August 22nd because they found a "mass" on it, 3.5cm. My doctor isnt sure what it is until they remove it and part of my kidney and Im basically scared to death at this point. So trading is out of the question for me right now.:(
Hey man, you hang in there. Keep your thoughts positive. And make sure you follow all the doctors orders. I'm hoping for the best outcome for you. Keep us all posted.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.