Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Motor Corp. started running ads Monday that stress its green credentials and contributions to the American economy, in a campaign that coincides with its 50th anniversary in the United States -- and an unusual swell of negative publicity.

More...

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
My peeve with Toyota is the fact that the try to come off as an American company, and they blatantly lie in their advertising.
Honda and Nissan don't do that.

Toyota ran a print ad for the Tundra advertising their three types of frame construction (C-channel, double C-channel, and fully boxed) as a better way of constructing a chassis than the competition.
Partial C-channel is better than a 100% fully boxed frame? Um, sorry but I think not.
...one of many examples.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Read the info contained in the link.

Toyota was given a Pass on quality for a long time. People thought It's a Toyota so its a quality product. Come to find out that the once assumed quality wasn't as high as previously thought.

From the link:
Toyota's expansion also led to slips in the renowned quality of its vehicles. Most recently, its standing fell in the influential Consumer Reports magazine, which said it would no longer automatically recommend new Toyotas.

Toyota is now trying to recover from that and in joining the Big 3 on EPA mileage with these ad campaigns about being environmentally friendly and economical impact. Toyota isn't the only company with environmentally friendly plants. GM has several. The import guys often are unaware of these facts and swallow every thing the import manufacturers put in front of them.

I find it hard to believe that the import sites aren't full of American cars suck threads. I seldom see any thread that doesn't have some butt wad bashing American cars about 3 posts in.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Last night I heard an ad on the radio for Toyota. It was talking about the Toyota plant over in Georgetown, KY..saying how they're apart of the community, care about their workers..etc. etc. etc. I just had to roll my eyes.

And Altoid..you're on a board frequented by several die-hard american-car lovers. Import bashing is going to happen, and it is going to happen a lot. If you don't like it, don't read the posts ;).

Edit: One of several reasons why I don't trust Consumer Reports when I'm looking for things. They automatically recommend things without reviewing it first. They just go "well, they did a good job in the past, GET THIS, GET IT NOW OR YOU FAIL AT LIFE".
They are/were doing the exact opposite with American cars. Their quality has skyrocketed in the past few years..and I don't see CR automatically recommending Domestics. Infact, they still leave the bad "professional" score on the MSN autos websites from years ago.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts