Modern Camaro Forums banner

Toyota Camry had long road to the top

734 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hypurone 
#1 ·
If one car best captures Americans' taste in automobiles, it's the Toyota Camry, America's best-selling car every year except for one since'97.

More...

See less See more
#5 ·
The wife is still driving my 2000 Camry after 11 years, and we got 91,000 miles on it.
I bought one after driving one as a rental for a week in Florida. Even though my dad worked for GM, my mom had toyotas. From the 1976 Celica, 1983 Tercel, and 1989 Corolla Wagon, they were all pretty decent cars.

That said, I hate the 5th Gen Camry styling. The 6th was pretty good, and I'm not sure what to make of the 7th Gen.

In all the years we've daily driven the 2000 Camry, I've had to replace the battery once, the brakes and tires, recharge the AC, and fix the exhaust pipe once.

Just seems to be normal wear and tear, and still rides like it was almost new.

#6 ·
The wife is still driving my 2000 Camry after 11 years, and we got 91,000 miles on it.
Everyone loves to bash Toyota. Like their the only ones who have recalls. :mad: I've had a bunch of Toyota's. They were great cars long before GM got their **** together and have always gotten better mileage until recently when the rest caught up...

All but one were "I wanted something new" replacements and the other one was accident related. Not one of them ever let me down. I gave my 96 to my sister in law with 150,000 miles on it having performed routine maintenance. She proceeded to neglect it for another 100,000 miles before overheating it an blowing the head gasket....

Say what you want but you can't deny their reliability and longevity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.