Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, well.... looky who finally admitted they're wrong....

WSJ Article

2,274 incidents and 18 deaths later, Toyota finally admits there's a problem.
They must have hired Captain Obvious. :lol:

The suspended models:
Camry/Solara
Corolla
RAV4
Matrix
Highlander
Tundra
Avalon
Sequoia

Oh, and one other thing Toyota: Audi is pissed that you're copying their defect.
:rotflmao:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, they sorta admitted they are wrong. Floor mats. Yeah right. This is a serious problem that they want people too think is partially their own problem for letting their floor mats get under the accelerator pedal. Just ask my employer, General Motors, what happens when all you are concerned about is selling the most vehicles world wide and let the appearence and quality of your products go downhill. People quit buying your products and move on to another. There are plenty to choose from including my favorite, the CHEVY CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just take a look at most of the Toyota line. Can your say UGLY! I would at least buy a car that LOOKS nice. They are plain and boring. And now, as I have known for ever, are just average, at best, in quality and reliability.
BUY AMERICAN! Put your family and friends back to work!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
They still can't admit to the Prius having the same problem as the other cars listed? So this leaves them with what...

Sienna
Yaris
Tacoma
Prius (I'm waiting for this one to end up on the list as well.)

Nice, Toybota.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
..Yeah I think that feeling is either called "your flesh burning off your bones" or "dying".

If the future I see in my dreams last night actually FINALLY comes true; we'll see the execs in GRORIOUS NIPPON doing the harry kerry thing soon enough.

Oh god; I dunno which coverage is making me laugh harder; Jalop.. or Fox.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
While I don't think that it is "awesome" that there is such a grossly huge safety concern that they litterally have to stop the sale of vehicles (I don't want to see anyone get hurt no matter what they drive), it is nice to see that maybe, just maybe, sheeple finally see that there is absolutely no perfect manufacturer.

I don't think this will send droves of purchasers to GM (honestly, I bet if anyone jumps ship, they'll go to Ford), but it's a sign of [good] things to come.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
grrrr...hope this doesn't kill the trade-in value of my wife's Rav4.:eek: (at least hers isn't one of the recalled...yet)

BUT...I think I have her convinced on buying an Equinox, she keeps "finding" these great reviews.;):):thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
grrrr...hope this doesn't kill the trade-in value of my wife's Rav4.:eek: (at least hers isn't one of the recalled...yet)

BUT...I think I have her convinced on buying an Equinox, she keeps "finding" these great reviews.;):):thumbsup:
Got my wife an Equinox and she likes driving it more than her CTS. When we go together and I drive it, I have to admit that it is a fun little SUV to drive and can hold a lot of stuff if you are out shopping. My wife uses it for everything including hauling her mountain bike around.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Got my wife an Equinox and she likes driving it more than her CTS. When we go together and I drive it, I have to admit that it is a fun little SUV to drive and can hold a lot of stuff if you are out shopping. My wife uses it for everything including hauling her mountain bike around.
cool. :thumbsup: The only issue is she's not sure if she wants another SUV, but she wants AWD...so the choice is kinda limited. She doesn't think we need to be a 2 SUV family (my DD is a Trailblazer), but it's not like an AWD sedan is gonna be much(if any)cheaper or any better on gas.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
cool. :thumbsup: The only issue is she's not sure if she wants another SUV, but she wants AWD...so the choice is kinda limited. She doesn't think we need to be a 2 SUV family (my DD is a Trailblazer), but it's not like an AWD sedan is gonna be much(if any)cheaper or any better on gas.
You're right.
The two lowest priced American AWD Sedans I looked up (Fusion and the new LaCrosse)...have the same basic MPG estimates as a Camaro SS.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
You're right.
The two lowest priced American AWD Sedans I looked up (Fusion and the new LaCrosse)...have the same basic MPG estimates as a Camaro SS.
I wish the Malibu came in AWD.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Another miss from Chevrolet. Both the Fusion and Avenger are available with AWD.

And don't even go there about the whole "well, the way the Malibu is priced" BS. The comps do it, so there is no excuse.
I agree. Might be in the future...I've heard the new Regal will have an AWD option, so maybe it's coming for the Malibu as well, although probably not anytime soon.

With the lack of AWD options out there, might as well buy an Equinox...although she's mentioned the word Subaru:lookandleave::eek::BangHead::screwy::bat: :runaround::homer::meh::mad:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I smell divorce.
that's too expensive.:lol:

her last car was a Legacy GT...I did like it, until the head gasket blew at 103k miles (3k after the extended warranty was up).:angry: After some looking into, it seems that subaru changed the head design mid-way through the year because of some problems...but never issued a recall or TSB. We had one of the early ones. More Japanese quality.:eek:

I don't get it :confused:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
that's too expensive.:lol:

her last car was a Legacy GT...I did like it, until the head gasket blew at 103k miles (3k after the extended warranty was up).:angry: After some looking into, it seems that subaru changed the head design mid-way through the year because of some problems...but never issued a recall or TSB. We had one of the early ones. More Japanese quality.:eek:

I don't get it :confused:
Eh, you could just talk her into waiting for the Regal. It'll be 4cylinder(turbo'd for the higher end) and AWD.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Eh, you could just talk her into waiting for the Regal. It'll be 4cylinder(turbo'd for the higher end) and AWD.
don't want to wait that long...not sure if it's gonna be out (as an AWD) for at least another year or 2.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts