Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Skin Chevy Heart

Power for the PreRunner comes from none other than GM's LS2 small-block. TForce crew member Matt Riggle told Levine that the team chose the 375-hp, 400 lb-ft powerplant because of its reliability, as well as its ability to run on regular Pemex gas that's much cheaper than facing fuel.
Its not a Toyota sponsored team but still..what do you guys think?

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I might buy a Toyota truck that had a Chevy LS2 in it... :D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's a good one. I wonder how those F***s at toyota feel about this? The key word in the story: RELIABILITY. As in racing. The only question is, why run a turdra body? Freakin truck is hideous. Next time, just sh!tcan the turdra all together, and run a Silverado with the GM engine!:patriot:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
That's a good one. I wonder how those F***s at toyota feel about this? The key word in the story: RELIABILITY. As in racing. The only question is, why run a turdra body? Freakin truck is hideous. Next time, just sh!tcan the turdra all together, and run a Silverado with the GM engine!:patriot:
Comon Toyota has to win some how:D They do use Chevy's to get there Nascar trucks to the track.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cough, Lotus Elise/Exige uses the old Toyota engine. They're alright.

Just like the Saab 9-2x uses the old Subaru boxer.

I don't like Toyota's styling cues either.

Also, I saw a Chevy-powered Nissan 240sx on ebay once.

Toyotas are in general very tough. If you watched Top Gear, they absolutely obliterated a Toyota Hilux (which is the predecessor to the Tacoma). And it still ran. But I suppose nothing beats that 1 mil mile Ford... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts