Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might sound weird, but any info on whether the upcoming Camaro will have a trailer hitch?

Nothing quite like towing your street-illegal track car to the track with your street-legal beast. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Maybe if u find one from the after market.
I sure as hell dont want one.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I know this might sound weird, but any info on whether the upcoming Camaro will have a trailer hitch?

Nothing quite like towing your street-illegal track car to the track with your street-legal beast. :D
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

that's just something for me to scrape when i get the front wheels up

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
There are a lot of Autocrossers that have a small trailer that carries 4 race tires, so that you can use your street tires to get to the event, and then change once you get there. It's a lot easier than having a whole other vehicle, and full size trailer. And it's 10 times better than shoving huge dirty tires in the car on the new seats!

I've thought about doing it as well, as I really have no place to store a full size towing trailer at my house.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know plenty of people that tow jet skis with their F-Body or GTO.
So I would think that there would be one availble through GM Accessories.
i thought it was weird when i bought my 01 ws6 and had a real small mini
size hitch, it was bolted with 4 15mm bolts to a welded rail under the car
looked like a ftermarket part made for fbodys
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
There are a lot of Autocrossers that have a small trailer that carries 4 race tires, so that you can use your street tires to get to the event, and then change once you get there. It's a lot easier than having a whole other vehicle, and full size trailer. And it's 10 times better than shoving huge dirty tires in the car on the new seats!

I've thought about doing it as well, as I really have no place to store a full size towing trailer at my house.
That would be the exact reason why I would use a small tow hitch.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I had a hidden hitch on my 98 z and pulled a 4x8 trailer. I only used it to haul stuff that i bought to the house. Big screen tv, new sofa, and my lawn tractor. I didn't want a truck so it worked out well. I still have the trailer but I sold the hitch to a friend who used it to tow his tires to auto x events with a ws6 ta.

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you want to tow, get a Sierra Denali.
Fcuk that.

I don't want to buy a vehicle that I don't want to drive just to tow the one I do. It's easier to just keep the track car street-legal. :screwy: (I'm not a truck person.)

To clarify: I'm hoping for a new VW GTI in spring/summer of 2008, and if things go well for my wallet, then maybe a Camaro convertible in 2010 or so. I wouldn't mind turning the GTI into a track-only car if I had a V8 beast as my daily driver. :D

Do you guys think the V8 Camaro engine would be able to tow a 3100lbs car and a trailer? With projected HP and torque both in the neighborhood of 400 it seems to me it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Whether the car's chassis would be built for it is a different story, I suppose...

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I think the cars chassis is going to limit the weight you can pull. I doubt you will be able to pull a car and be within the suggested limit.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Fcuk that.

I don't want to buy a vehicle that I don't want to drive just to tow the one I do. It's easier to just keep the track car street-legal. :screwy: (I'm not a truck person.)

To clarify: I'm hoping for a new VW GTI in spring/summer of 2008, and if things go well for my wallet, then maybe a Camaro convertible in 2010 or so. I wouldn't mind turning the GTI into a track-only car if I had a V8 beast as my daily driver. :D

Do you guys think the V8 Camaro engine would be able to tow a 3100lbs car and a trailer? With projected HP and torque both in the neighborhood of 400 it seems to me it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Whether the car's chassis would be built for it is a different story, I suppose...
But the Denali has 400hp!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I had a trailor hitch on my 2000 vert, but I kinda sorta had too. I took it off and sold it when I got done with it about 3 months later.

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But the Denali has 400hp!
I'm sure it's a great truck, but I'm not a truck person.

I'd rather tow with a 400hp convertible. :p

Actually, I think my favorite solution would be a removable hitch of some sort. However, the more I think about it, the less likely I think any kind of hitch is. Weak.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm sure it's a great truck, but I'm not a truck person.

I'd rather tow with a 400hp convertible. :p

Actually, I think my favorite solution would be a removable hitch of some sort. However, the more I think about it, the less likely I think any kind of hitch is. Weak.
I'll give u props man. Cause im not towin a dam thing without a truck. My 5th gen will get towed it wont be doin the towin. But every body is different.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts